XDeep Zeos vs Ghost

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've eliminated the Ghost as an option, because it seems you can't use the backplate with any other wings, and the 38lb wing it comes with is overkill for the type of diving I do; am concerned about the taco effect. BTW, I am based overseas so looking to purchase from a European supplier. There are some good US companies with DIR offers but would be expensive to ship internationally. I'm now considering the APEKS WTX D18 or D30 with AL backplate vs the XDeep Zeos 28 with Al backplate. The XDeep is a bit less expensive, but APEKS seems to be a more reputable company with stronger track record.

Can anyone share their thoughts on these two?
Also, do you think the D18 would offer enough lift?

I normally dive salt water 23-30 degrees C, wearing a 3mm suit or only rash guard. With the 3mm, I normally wear 4kg in integrated pockets. Was thinking to go for the 18lb APEKS wing with 2 kg trim on the tank band and 2kg on the waist band depending on how I need to trim out with the BP&W setup.View attachment 539580 View attachment 539581

£420 for the XDeep Zeos 28 and £443 for the APEKS-WTX D18/30

Do you mind sharing where you bought it and any problem getting them to ship to NA?

Is it legal to post such websites here? Otherwise it would be divezone pl. Top middle gives you the chance to change from Polish pl to English language as well as between Zloty and Euro. I must admit ( just saw it a few secs ago ) that they officially do only send packages around Europe. BUT their customer service seems to be very friendly and they allowed me to change wing color by email a few days after placing my order. You might want to ask for US delivery via Email.
Xdeep prices are by far the lowest I have ever seen ( they offer discount atm ). I saved a solid 150 Euro compared to our local dealer.

Is it legal to post such websites here? Otherwise it would be divezone pl. Top middle gives you the chance to change from Polish pl to English language as well as between Zloty and Euro. I must admit ( just saw it a few secs ago ) that they officially do only send packages around Europe. BUT their customer service seems to be very friendly and they allowed me to change wing color by email a few days after placing my order. You might want to ask for US delivery via Email.
Xdeep prices are by far the lowest I have ever seen ( they offer discount atm ). I saved a solid 150 Euro compared to our local dealer.
I already had checked out their site and while you can set the currency to Euro and language to English I found the registration page to be in Polish only and I couldn't register. I have noticed that European dealers state they cannot ship XDeep products out of Europe.

Hm, you do not have to register in order to buy something from them, neither did i. Shipping xdeep out of Europe could be a pain since now every country seems to be playing trade wars their customs should be extremely happy charging you tenfold :wink:
One option might be a trusted fellow within Europe to purchase for you and send as gift through customs

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom