xDeep just released their regulator

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I might just do it because I like it too, and because I didn't think of it

even though I don't use transmitters

You should balance redundancy vs additional failure points. Given the reliability of transmitters I got rid of the SPGs when diving side mount. I still use it in tandem with a transmitter for single tank setups.

I have. One of my transmitter stopped working after less then a year. Currently I only have transmitters on my regs but I think having a gauge would be nice.
You should balance redundancy vs additional failure points. Given the reliability of transmitters I got rid of the SPGs when diving side mount. I still use it in tandem with a transmitter for single tank setups.

I like the hose routing for a stage setup. The LPI can be stowed very cleanly this way. Although if you dive without an LPI an apeks dst-style setup would still be equally good I guess.

I don't know if anyone is up to snuff about EN250 EU standards, but in the manual it clearly says the regulator conforms to EN250-2014, not 250a, the main standard cold water regs use right now. Does this just mean they didn't send them in for 250a testing or?

The "A" in EN250A means that the reg has been tested to cope with 2 people breathing off of the same 1st stage as you would expect in an emergency situation where someone is using your octo for eg.

PXL_20210622_171237952.jpg
PXL_20210622_171746634.jpg

Unfortunately I'll have to wait a bit to get them wet.

But in a few weeks I'll stretch their legs.

Any information on where to service these regulators and if service kits will be available for customers?

I’ve handled (not dived) the xDeep regs a few times and they didn’t really stir any emotions or thoughts.

Back
Top Bottom