Xdeep/Genz Black - screen brightness issue

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Took mine apart instead. They run a Solomon Systech SSD1353U4 PMOLED. I've ordered one from HK and just waiting for it to arrive so I can install it. If it turns out to be a relatively easy swap, I may just opt to keep this Black as a backup/loaner - considering I can always just change the screen and battery if the need arises.

Hi! where did you buy the replacement?

cheers

Hi! where did you buy the replacement?

cheers
Hello to all of you
I am also an unlucky owner of the xdeep BT
Could anyone help me with the part number of the screen and an online shop that has performed the acquire
Thank you in advance
Kostas

Attachments

• 66734E86-F7AF-409F-A9B0-E2E34EDDDB6D.jpeg
    66734E86-F7AF-409F-A9B0-E2E34EDDDB6D.jpeg
    89.6 KB · Views: 893
Mission success. Got my screen from Alibaba. Although it had a ZIF connector, this “peeled” off pretty easily. A little cleaning of the pads, and soldering under a microscope, then it was all good. Tested it head to head with my Perdix. Will take it diving tomorrow. It’ll make a great back-up.

Attachments

• 6A726894-9E64-4C79-8B64-DECA172758AB.jpeg
    6A726894-9E64-4C79-8B64-DECA172758AB.jpeg
    98.7 KB · Views: 1,039
Hi Doc Ed,

I also received a screen ( from xDeep (genz) support team themselves ), managed to get computer working again! It took some patience and precision ( cleaning + soldering the pads ) but happy to get it back working.

It's good to know that the screens from alibaba with ZIF connectors are able to be modified to fit the xdeep PCB.

Will post some pictures later!

I was experiencing the same issue and managed to get in touch with Genz. The charge was 70 EUR plus 30 EUr for shipping. A reasonable price, except coming from the far east, we have a problem with items getting "lost" in the mail. Additionally, the replacements are probably still similar to the old screens.

Took mine apart instead. They run a Solomon Systech SSD1353U4 PMOLED. I've ordered one from HK and just waiting for it to arrive so I can install it. If it turns out to be a relatively easy swap, I may just opt to keep this Black as a backup/loaner - considering I can always just change the screen and battery if the need arises.

At any rate, I already got a Perdix as well.

Hi Doc Ed, I'm searching in Alibaba for a screen. I can't find the Solomon Systech SSD1353U4 PMOLED in Alibaba. Can you say the speceification of the screen?

Do you think that this is valid? 0.96 Inch 30 Pin White 128x64 Oled High Resolution Thin Mini Transparent Touch Own Factory - Buy Touch Screen Mini Film,Flexible Oled Light Panel,Digital Mono Mini Micro Product on Alibaba.com

Thanks and sorry for my bad inglish.

Did anyone else have any luck sourcing a replacement screen?

If so any details on type?

Replace it with a Shearwater display....

Touché. Already done. It would be nice to have a second working backup tough....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom