XDeep Classic or Tec?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sorry I have a fixed rubber D ring, but not the sliding o-ring

Thank you all. Now to figure out whether I should be looking at the xDeep Stealth 2.0 or a Razor 2.5. I'm not finding any comparisons of the two here.
There aren't really any functional differences in the harness. Nowadays you can also assemble your own from 3rd party sources.

Sorry I have a fixed rubber D ring, but not the sliding o-ring

Most people remove both the rubber rings as well as the triangular pieces meant to clip the wing bungees into. Those rubber rings were reportedly created as an option by xDeep for people attempting to pass through very tight cave restrictions. They're unnecessary for 99% of sidemount divers particularly as sidemount continues to grow outside of cave diving. Metal sliding D-rings are available in a number of styles from different manufacturers such as xDeep, Dive Rite, and SumpUK. For the wing bungees, the popular option is to connect the two sides together through the crotch strap. This frees up space on the waist belt.

Xdeep only provides the rubber O ring as their standard sliding ring. If you want something else, you have to buy it separately. I hate those rubber O ring.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom