XDeep Classic or Tec?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

LP85 hold ~8lbs of nitrox at HP fill

Non US question from Europe...

What's an LP85? Is that a 232 bar (3364.876 PSI) 12 litre (0.07062933 CF) steel cylinder?

(and a good answer to the amount of buoyancy required)

Non US question from Europe...

What's an LP85? Is that a 232 bar (3364.876 PSI) 12 litre (0.07062933 CF) steel cylinder?

(and a good answer to the amount of buoyancy required)

~12L 2400psi (2640psi with + stamp... ~180bar)

_R

Thank you all. Now to figure out whether I should be looking at the xDeep Stealth 2.0 or a Razor 2.5. I'm not finding any comparisons of the two here.

Hmm. That's more opinion you're looking for there!

The XDeep's got a very good reputation. I think the Razor's more for Mexico?

My XDeep Tec's been good for me. Nicely adjustable and good in the water.

There's a single dump over one's backside which is accessible with either hand. It can be a bit difficult to get to especially when wearing cold water gear, hence needs a halyard stopper or "ball" tied on to the dump. Some people have modified it to add a remote dump, as per the Sidewinder CCR people who have a remote dump over the shoulder. I've tied one off to the LH hip.

If you're short-armed, and not someone with gibbon genes, then that central dump can be slightly challenging to get to, especially if the wing's fully inflated. In reality it's not as bad as it sounds as the wing will ride slightly higher and you won't have it fully inflated.

Pic shows the halyard stopper and shortish string. The wing's fully inflated, so my arm's pushed out.

X-deep stealth - wing inflated, can't reach dump.JPG

Hmm. That's more opinion you're looking for there!

View attachment 650164

Yes, I'm being greedy for advice and tried to sneak that extra bit in. I asked it on Reddit as well and am getting mixed messaging. You'd think there would already be a ScubaBoard comparison of these two popular sidemount systems but I've struck out in my search.

As for the metric to American conversions, I've never been able to figure out metric scuba tanks and I'm much better than 95% of American with metric in general.

According to this website the Faber LP 85 is a 13 liter tank with a service pressure of 180 bar. If you know the shop staff or are in northern Florida's cave country, it's common to get a "cave fill" of 3500 psi (240 bar). To preempt the scuba police, I recognize this is a controversial, if common, practice and am not endorsing it here.

B0FE5151-BF1C-4E09-A92A-F83B6051B1DB.jpeg

Bit of a poor pic, will try again.

My hand is holding on to the 'remote dump' which is on the left hand corner of the BCD, the bungee forms a sort of belt. The string passes through a soft tube (black), through the outer bladder cover, and exits close to the dump. It’s tied to the dump pull.

It works OK

The odd thing is that I rarely use it as it holds the dump pull to the left where I can reach it.

The odd thing is that I rarely use it as it holds the dump pull to the left where I can reach it.
Interesting, I was thinking of just poking a loop of bungee out of the drain hole to hold the dump over to the right. Of course that makes it only accessible to my right hand but that's the only one I use anyway. I figure there's always the inflator if my right hand is pinned or whatever right?

I think a lot for me was the muscle memory of dumping a twinset from the LH side. Having a central butt dump makes sense and, TBH, becomes easier the more you dive it. The elephant's trunk does dump easily enough if you’re heads up.

The remote dump seems to be a relatively common modification, some route it right over to the shoulder, exiting near the chest/shoulder D-ring.

quick question on the Tec. I just received mine and it doesn't have the rubber sliding o-ring on the waist belt to clip the tank into. I just have the fixed o-ring. does anyone know if they have gotten away from the sliding o-ring, it seems to make sense to have, but mine from cave adventurers didn't include it. thanks

quick question on the Tec. I just received mine and it doesn't have the rubber sliding o-ring on the waist belt to clip the tank into. I just have the fixed o-ring. does anyone know if they have gotten away from the sliding o-ring, it seems to make sense to have, but mine from cave adventurers didn't include it. thanks
If the rubber sliding O-Ring is standard, cave adventurers/XDeep should make it right contact them.

If you are using aluminum 80s, you need sliding D-Ring. If you don't want to, you need two sets of D-Rings on each side. You basically clip it off to one and move it to the other as your tank gets more bouyant/empty. You likely have to do this for Steel tanks. Your instructor should be able to help

***Just reread

You said you only have the fixed O-Ring? They don't have a fixed O-Ring. They only have the sliding O-Ring. You just pull it while underwater and it will slide with the tanks on it

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom