XCS2 tech purchase

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Valery

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
Hi all,
I'm about to buy it but I live in a country where I can see the suit.

So if there are owners of this suit, your comment are most welcome.

Valéry;6489920:
Hi all,
I'm about to buy it but I live in a country where I can see the suit.

So if there are owners of this suit, your comment are most welcome.

I havent seen the XCS2 yet. I own the prior version XCD2 which I absolutely love. Its bulletproof. We dive wrecks and our wrecks are very harsh on drysuits. Many of the guys I dive with have already had to do repairs on their suit this year inculding one guy on a brand new Santi. My XCD2 hasnt skipped a beat and still looks and dives like new after a few years of A LOT of usage. I know that the XCS2 is supposed to be an improvement but I havet seen one in person. Usually Bare is pretty good with getting video reviews up on youtube but I havent checked.

Last edited:
Since it's stretchi is it more "slim fit" and less bulky than a regular drysuits?

Does the 2mm compressed neoprene give some thermal insulation?

Am I going in the wrong direction? Most of the people talks about DUI or Whites rarely about Bare.

What I like about the XCS2 is that it has no telescopic torso, and it looks to be cut like a 3mm wet suit (less bulky than other DS) plus the fact that it is neoprene so this should add some more insulation I think.

Valéry;6490004:
Since it's stretchi is it more "slim fit" and less bulky than a regular drysuits?

Does the 2mm compressed neoprene give some thermal insulation?

The 2mm Compressed neoprene drysuits, if fit right, are tighter fitting and less baggy than your typical bag suit. Mine fits prefect. The guys I dove with all have baggier suits, except the other guys with the XCD2. Yes - the Compressed Neoprene offers thermal insulation - BUT - not a lot. In warm water I can were almost nothing (except a wicking layer). On cold dives I wear less than everyone who wear trilam suit - but - not a lot less.

---------- Post Merged at 10:51 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 10:47 AM ----------

Valéry;6490082:
Am I going in the wrong direction? Most of the people talks about DUI or Whites rarely about Bare.

What I like about the XCS2 is that it has no telescopic torso, and it looks to be cut like a 3mm wet suit (less bulky than other DS) plus the fact that it is neoprene so this should add some more insulation I think.

Your not wrong. Whites has a good reputation. DUI has a great reputation. The DUI Compressed neoprene suits are good. That being said, you are paying for the NAME. The Bares are every bit as good if not better (lifetime warranty).

Where I live, there are a lot of Bare dealers so Bare drysuits are pretty common. Its geopraphical and depending on what a dealer is "pushing" or what the online critics have bought into that year. I really dont care what "name" is on my drysuit or what other people on the boat think. I care about how it performs and so far - I love how my Bare performs. I have a group of about 10 regulars that dive my boat (not all at the same time) and a few stagglers here and there. 5/10 have some sort of Bare drysuit. Havent heard a complaint yet.

It is a great suit, bullet proof. You will love it

Thanks a lot guys for your advice it's reassuring.

I think this is my order:
• neoprene neck seal
• latex wrist seal (unless you recommend neoprene)
• hard boots
• pocket
• cuff ring
• your advices (ie:kevlar shoulder/butt or anything that should be a must)

Valéry;6490326:
Thanks a lot guys for your advice it's reassuring.

I think this is my order:
• neoprene neck seal
• latex wrist seal (unless you recommend neoprene)
• hard boots
• pocket
• cuff ring
• your advices (ie:kevlar shoulder/butt or anything that should be a must)

Agreed - I have the Neo neck and latex wrists - thats my ideal set up on my XCD2. Also love the hard boots. - the factory reinforced knees is all I have for kevlar - other than that I never noticed other options from Bare, but maybe I never looked. I can maybe see the butt if you are sitting somewhere rough to get geared up, I think your shoulders should be fine without it. The butt on my suit is still brand new looking and I do not baby the suit at all. In fact, If anything, I work it hard. In NJ, we are often crawling around on the wreck and reaching deep into holes for Lobster - If anyone can put a hole in a suit - its NE divers!!!

Im not sure what the cuff ring is.

Another benefit of compressed Neoprene is that although I believe it will require less repairs....if/when it does require repairs - they are EASY....very easy.
A negative to think about is that they are heavier and stay wet on th eoutside longer. That doesnt concern me at all, but worth mentioning.

As I have said - If I somehow wear out my XCD2 - I would look to buy another in an instant, so if the XCs2 is really an improvement as Bare says - you will love it.

Cuff rings allow for quick replacement of wrist seal, no need for glue.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1348024991.090648.jpg

I know, it's a must.

Cuff rings allow for quick replacement of wrist seal, no need for glue.

View attachment 136032

I know, it's a must.

Ahhh. OK - Since I have NEO neck - that wouldnt work for my neck. Plus the neo neck seems to last a lot longer than latex. Second, replacing a wrist seal is so easy its ridiculous. Takes me about 15 minutes start to finish. If my seals get a little gummy - I just replace it.

Back
Top Bottom