Xcd2 TechDry Or Trilam Hd Tech

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tankdiver

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hey Guys I'm In the market for a drysuit (first time) i've narrowed it down to bare but am unsure between the two (Xcd2 TechDry Or Trilam Hd Tech) anyone have experience with the two? Help Greatly Appreciated

I have the xcd2 pro (shoulder entry) and love it! It's a great suit. I think it is a bit warmer then the trilam. Either way you can't go wrong, Bare drysuits are great.

I am a new owner of a HD Tech and I just love it over the previous shoulder entry suit that I had. The HD Tech feels really nice, very well constructed, easy to get on and off, and it drys really quick as well. The front entry is nice to get in and out of by yourself vs. needing someone else to help you out. That was one of the biggest selling points and that it is a Trilam.

What undergarments do u wear in 45-60 degree water with the trilam

I own a Trilam HD Tech and love it. The XCD2 is also an outstanding suit though. I chose the HD Tech to have a lighter, faster drying suit with a broader temperature range. It is the only suit I dive, regardless of water temps. For temps down into the 40s and 50s, I wear a base layer of Smart Wool (top, bottoms and socks) and then a Bare CT200, both the one piece undergarment and the booties. I regularly dive that configuration in water temps down in the low 40s.

how much weight do you use with the trilam less or more then a 7mm two piece which i currently use with about 24 pounds less ,more?

how much weight do you use with the trilam less or more then a 7mm two piece which i currently use with about 24 pounds less ,more?

It's been awhile since I last dove with my 7mm. I believe with the Trilam HD with the CT200 undies I wear 4 lbs more than I was wearing with my 7mm fullsuit and 7mm hooded vest ... 16 lbs vs. 12 lbs with a HP100 tank and SS BP/W.

Thanks Very Much one last questio how does the boot system on this suit work (Trilam) built in or external? or is it just an option

I went for the sock and use a regular bootie over it, not the trek boots. Works well for me.

I went with the built-in boots, I like the feel of the volc. rubber and it was one less piece of gear that I had to put on or worry about forgetting. Here is AZ we are hiking around rocks a lot and I've not had a problem with them thus far. My previous suit had socks attached and I found that I didn't care for them much since I had to put boots on over them.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom