XCD2 Tech Drisuit by Bare

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

What do you want to know?

I've used one for about 2 years now and it is a decent suit. Compressed 2mm neoprene, which is fairly tough. Had a problem with the zipper leaking, but it was replaced and no problems since. Just make sure the fit is proper, as is important with any drysuit. You want to be fitted wearing the underwear you plan on using.

My only issue with the suit was the boots that came with the suit. As Bare did not have exact sizing, the boots were too big and my feet flopped around in my fins. The next size down would have been too small. As a result, I swapped them out for the neoprene socks and the trek boots and all is good now.

Thanks for the info. I had a USIA aqua Pro that is twenty years old. The material in it is starting to break down. I was going to get another USIA. But I heard that crushed neoprene is the way to go. i was told that it is warmer and more stream-lined than other suits. I just hope it is not very heavy.

Compressed neoprene is definitely very tough and easy to repair, and has better insulative properties than trilam. But it's personal preference. Some say the neoprene is more restrictive, and it definitely is going to be heavier than trilam, especially when wet and takes more time to dry. Trilam might be a better choice if traveling with it.

ScubaRobBailey:
Can Anyone tell me about a XCD2 Tech dri-suit?

I've got an XCD2 and think it's a great suit. The things that I would change about the suit though are the stock pocket comes on the left thigh and is a flat pocket. I find it to be useless. I installed a bellows pocket on the right thigh. Deffinately get the soft boots (socks) and trek boots. Get suspenders installed also. The only other thing is that I got a neoprene neck seal instead of latex and find the neoprene a bit restictive after using latex for the past half dozen year or so, so I'll be getting that changed sometime. Other then these small details it's a fantastic suit. I think it's probablly the heaviest suit that I've ever owned, but that doesn't bother me at all. I've dove the DUI CF200 befor and I am a lot happier with the XCD2, once you consider the cost differences. Bare is half the price of DUI.

I didn't realize that they came with pockets? Or is that an option that is not listed on pictured on the site? Only the CD4's are listed with pockets?!

I wonder if you can add one.

See the difference in the drawings between the XCD2 and CD4

Bare has (3) new pocket options for 2005, (2) Bellows, one with a zipper and one with velcro and a knife pocket. Before all they had was the standard pocket with the flap, it was a little too small to be very useful. When you order your suit you can specify where you want the pockets.

Also the standard boots have gotten a bit slimmer so they are easier to get in and out of fins.

Paul

I wear the CD4 and I am very happy with it. I tried a trilaminate and although easier to don than my CD4 I was colder in it. I only wear a t-shirt and bathing suit in my neoprene drysuit and I am warm in 50 degree water. I tried about 10 different combinations of undergarments before I just tried going without. I have the Neoprene neck seal and if i don't fold it over just right then I get a little leaking. I have latex wrist seals and had to cut them back quite a bit from the way the factory sent it. They were cutting off the circulation to my hands! I use the 500PSI wet/dry suit stuff that really helps get it on and off a lot easier than powder. I am happy with my suit. It took me about 40 dives in it to get consistent. You can order it custom fit for about $100-$200 more depending on where you go to order it. I have the suspenders, and trek boots and dry hood also. Totally worth it. Good luck. Bare makes a good product.

Back
Top Bottom