Xccr dump on non x bladder, and related auto dumps on bmcl

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

211ratsbud

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Ladies and Gents, will an XCCR adjustable dump work on non XCCR bladders? Is there something special about them?

And regarding auto dump set ups on bmcl, discussion on the boat this weekend determined more than one of us would be keen to experiment with an autodump set up similar to a drysuit auto dump or the X version.

Opened up fully you could "trim dump" a BMCL while on bailout and we all noticed that the current opv relief is very stiff, infact it doesn't relieve any pressure at all.

They won't work. The XCCR is a dry suit deflator port. I can easily blow into the counterlung and it starts dumping, here in my kitchen. I only used the XCCR lungs once underwater because they do not sit flat and flop around out the sides.

If you want this dump type, get the Fathom brand as they look like they are ATS brand and shape.
16988477609497128242373855203799.jpg

@Asheron I have the fathom bmcl currently.

It looks to use a standard pull dump type.

Have you taken apart the inside of the xccr bags what does the inner nut and grommet actually look like?

I have wondered this myself, why does no one make an auto dump style valve for BC style fittings?

Choptimas have some fancy looking ones but I don't think it is the relief pressure of a drysuit dump.

I'm looking for one.

I have wondered this myself, why does no one make an auto dump style valve for BC style fittings?
ISC has used standard drysuit dump valves on their CLs for decades. Sometimes reinventing the wheel is not really an improvement

ISC has used standard drysuit dump valves on their CLs for decades. Sometimes reinventing the wheel is not really an improvement
It's not reinventing the wheel, I have CLs with only a pull dump and I would rather there be a drysuit valve there so I don't need an OPV on the canister.

Here's the inside nut. It's too small for apeks inflator or deflator. The OD on the male side is 2.27".
16988699795437163562461542220138.jpg

Looks like Si Tech Item No: 13350WN might be what you are looking for if you don't mind DIY. The kit even comes with the right gasket(weld nut?)

I used a standard pull dump and trimmed the spring to the pressure I wanted. Works fine as an OPV and water dump, but the loop would have to full up to auto dump and that sucks on bailout.

I used a standard pull dump and trimmed the spring to the pressure I wanted. Works fine as an OPV and water dump, but the loop would have to full up to auto dump and that sucks on bailout.
Are you sure it's a standard dump valve and doesn't have a check valve so water can't get in?

Back
Top Bottom