X8-119, 14.8L Worthington Steel???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If that's really comparable with 14,8L in metric terms I dive with a 15L steel tank (somewhat lighter than this) and I find no problems with either trim or whatever, and I appreciate the capacity. :D

If you're a new diver, initially you'll appreciate the normal length of a dive, whereas later you'll get the added bonus. :)

You can actually see here how that fits a diver under water:
Image 1
Image 2

And also, live, on surface in the following clip, I'm (shaved head) using a steel 15, the other guy a 12 (ignore the fact that the tank is a bit low, was testing something):
Clip

Around here, steel 15L tanks are very common, like 60% of single tank divers use it, followed by 12 L. I've seen a 10L tank once...

Wow,

Thanks for the pictures and the clip, they both gave me a perspective on the size of the 119. So how tall are you? I'm only 5'5 and wonder if that's too big for me?

I'm very happy about the height so at 24 inches that's perfect and I really do want the extra air over what the steel 100's give.

Are both of you using the 119 steels?

Where do you dive, that area looks a lot like Monterey in CA. I dove Faber 80's and enjoyed them and will be hopefully diving the Faber 100's if I can rent them.

Anyone know where I might be able to rent a 119 in Calif, Monterey or SF bay area?

Thanks,

MG

Wow,

Thanks for the pictures and the clip, they both gave me a perspective on the size of the 119. So how tall are you? I'm only 5'5 and wonder if that's too big for me?

Are both of you using the 119 steels?

Where do you dive, that area looks a lot like Monterey in CA.

I'm 176 cm tall, whatever that may be in imperial measures...:D

We both usually use the 15L tank (again, I can only asume that is a hp 119 tank), but on that clip my buddy has a 12L tank, shorter one, also a stubby tank.

Well, the area is actually across the globe, Croatia, Adriatic Sea, Mediterranean, Europe, where I live.

Definetly try a couple of different tanks if possible just to check out how they feel underwater and affect your trim.

I haven't used the 100cf, but I have X8-119s. I think they're great. Lots of air and very comfortable at 24" (I'm 5'7"). They don't fit into the tank holes on boats , but with a bungee cord are very stable.

Steve

Back
Top Bottom