X7 120 or X8 119?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Clammy, I think the HP119 or LP95 will fit you fine, the last time I saw you on the BH2, the 119 looked fine, the 120 is just a monster and way too tall! Or get another HP100 and we can do a tech dive. :D

Hey Roy! I wasn't using 119s on the BH2. I have 2 100s. I was thinking of doubling them up or doubling up 130s or 119s. I ended up ordering the 130 for now. I don't have the money to double up anything at the moment unless I double up my existing 100s. But even then I need yet another reg and wing plus the bands, manifold, conversion to din on one of my existing regs, not to mention training! I just can't afford it right now.. Besides, I got the tank using credit I had with a dive shop. If I double anything up, I'd still need my single tanks. I do a lot of shore diving as well plus I don't solo so my doubles would be used mostly to dive with other doubles people like you or for emergency gas and redundancy on simple wreck penetrations for now!

You use double 100s right?

How was Scotland? You know I think we've conversed on SB before and I didn't realize it was you or simply had not met you yet.

What are you going to do with the two HP100 tanks? Otherwise, I think 100cuft is alot of air, I still use a single HP100 when diving single tank though.

I think I took the good conditions in Monterey/Carmel with me to Scapa Flow.

The 100s are what I use normally. I have 2 for situations like the BH2 where I need to bring a tank for each dive AND since I can't always go get a fill in time for a quick mid week night dive or something after work. I was actually leaning towards a 3rd LP85 for shore dives down here in socal since they dont' get that deep most of the time and that way I'll just have another tank ready for a quick shore dive.

The 100s are normally fine for single tank. I wanted the bigger tank and extra gas for say like San Diego and some of these 100+ foot dives.

You use double 100s right?

Argh, lucky you on the Scapa flow!!

Yeah I use HP100 doubles. And thats what I use for the Scapa Flow dive. I think the HP100 doubles will work great on you, provided you have the gears and everything for it.

Yeah I use HP100 doubles. And thats what I use for the Scapa Flow dive. I think the HP100 doubles will work great on you, provided you have the gears and everything for it.

Yeah I think will probably double up 100s when I get a chance. I WANT to buy 2 more 100s to leave up north with Eddie so that I don't have to drive up to dive with you guys. I'd rather fly! But that's kind of a lot of money to spend just so that I don't have to drive.. but then again it's 700 miles round trip and 10 hours!

I was originally planning to double around now. I have the money to get a 48 or so lb wing and another reg, bands, valves to double my existing tanks but I would have to cannibalize my singles setup for it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom