X7 100 or X8 119 Worthington?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wow,

Thank you so much for all this information on shift in weights. I will definitely stay clear of the 119 because I don't want to add that much extra weight, 15 lbs is a lot of extra weight.

Since there is no free lunch in scuba, I will make up the small difference in weight with the Worthington 100, 5 lbs if all is correct.

Can I try to do my test dive with 20 lbs of weight or should I go ahead and strap on the extra 5 lbs and call it over?

That's what the numbers show, and it's probably close enough, but as with anytime you change gear configurations drastically, it's a good idea to test it in a safe area before taking on anything more challenging. Keep your first dive with the new setup shallow and easy, and do a weight check at the end to see if you have too much (or too little). With 500 psi in your tank and no air in your BC, you should be able to stay neutral at 10-15'.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom