X-Vision fogging

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

fredaroony

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Been diving twice with my new x-vision and cant stop it from fogging. The first time I didnt clean it so I used some toothpaste etc. On both dives I used some anti-fogging gel but it didnt work at all. My mate used the same gel on his new mask and his didnt fog once. He has a Cressi matrix.

The only way I can see is to keep a little bit of water in the mask and roll it over the lens when it fogs. Not the most ideal situation :)

Anyone else have this problem? Would love some suggestions :)

I've had the same problem with my X-Visions. I finally ended up burning the lens with a lighter which solved the problem. I would use toothpaste and it would work but if I left it in the case for a week, the same fogging problems occurred. I think it was the gases from the silicone being releases.

It was about a week ago since I cleaned so maybe that had something to do with it. Never heard of burning the lenses with a lighter before!? I assume you took them out of the mask first?

No, you just hold a lighter up against the inside for a few seconds. The oxygen runs out in just a few seconds so it doesn't get too hot. It leaves a black film on the glass which is easy to wipe off. Don't hold it against the silicone though. I just did my daughter's new mask.

I takes several tooth paste cleanings before you get rid of all the protective film.

I'm found with mine that some anti-fogs work, and some don't... And even if the brand you use works with your buddy's mask, it might not with yours! But spit usually works with every mask!!!! Give your mask a good spitting in before your next dive (rather than anti fog) and see if it works. If it does work, I'd say it's just a question of you finding a new anti-fog that works for you.

Hope this helps!:coffee:

Yesterday I did the lighter trick then cleaned it with toothpaste so will find out this weekend if its going to help :)

Hopefully it will work for me too because it was driving me nuts last weekend. Couldnt see a damn thing!

I know many swear by the toothpaste trick (instead of anti-fog), but it doesn,t work for me. The few times i've tried it, my mask fogged like crazy. And I was carefull of washing off only enough toothpaste to the mask was clear; then i stopped...

Oh well... Whatever works, use it!!:coffee:

I have an X-Vision and have not had any problems with it. I have cleaned it twice with toothpaste, so far and plan on a couple more times, but no fogging problems yet.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom