x deep dump valve options

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Orrrrr people have the wing in the wrong spot. If you’re not top mounting stages (less and less common) or having sidewinder cans nestled atop the cylinder and lat, it’s really not a big deal, even in two sets of drygloves and a Weezle. Practice just like anything else.
Easy for me but literally impossible for my wife. I routed hers to her shoulder strap. If I had it to do again I would run it along the bottom but not like the picture that was posted above. That will work but I would have run it internally and in a continuous sleeve. Horses for courses.

Easy for me but literally impossible for my wife. I routed hers to her shoulder strap. If I had it to do again I would run it along the bottom but not like the picture that was posted above. That will work but I would have run it internally and in a continuous sleeve. Horses for courses.

so your going to go in the drain hole and make your own hole for the discharge of the tube in the similer place as that picture with the two tabs sewn on? thankx

I bought a kit for adding large grommets and added additional grommets where needed and also added a couple of extras to drain water out of the rig faster when exiting the water.

great idea. i can insert grommet in the area and run tube in one drain at bottom, out new grommet and voila......dump within reach.

@Crazy_Canuck
Hi
I'm wondering how tall you are or torso length?
I'm 5-10 and kind of longish in the torso.
I just switched over from my Apeks WSX 25 to an xDeep Stealth Tec 2.0. I used the Apeks for the past 120ish SM dives.
I have only used the xDeep on 3 dives...just the past couple weeks I have had it and been 'allowed ' to go out and dive.
On the first dive with the xDeep I also felt that the dump valve, d-ring and pouch was about 2in lower than what I was used to with my Apeks.
Before the second dive I was able to raise the wing on the harness enough that it's again comfortably reachable similar to my Apeks.

I would really try to make harness adjustments before making irreversible alterations.
A few years ago, I subscribed to Steve Martin's online tutorials. There's some excellent videos for setting up xDeep and other popular SM systems.
He shows it's very possible to setup the Stealth for people of all heights.
Just my $0.02.
Cheers

Edit, I should mention most of my dives are also cold water, drysuit with thick gloves as well. I wish it was mostly in Mexico...maybe someday.

It just doesn't work for people with t-rex arms. Flexibility is great but long arms really help with this rig. I love my dump valve but I'm 6'2". My wife is 5'1".

It just doesn't work for people with t-rex arms. Flexibility is great but long arms really help with this rig. I love my dump valve but I'm 6'2". My wife is 5'1".
I would agree however if it's him in his avatar, his arms look 'normal' to me.
I'm 5'10" and have adjusted to easily reach it. My arms are somewhere between a t-rex and an orangutan.
Other than saying it's hard to reach, he hasn't really said why other than it's really low.
It can be raised up by adjusting shoulder harness and BC position on the harness.
A picture wearing it could help us help out.
If it's a mobility issue then of course that's different.

yes it is me and i am 5'11" big guy at 280lbs and getting close to 60 the x deep is new to me. i will be looking for ways to rerouite the line from the dump to be easier to work. thankx for all the help so far. keep it comming.

ive just realised while reading this i dont use my dump valve on any of the three rigs i have - i only use the inflator hose, Why do people need them ?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom