X Bracket

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JDMerk

Contributor
Reaction score
Im looking at back mounting a 30cf pony inverted using the X Bracket system. My key requirement is that I want it to be rock solid.
I tried a friends quick draw mount and wasn't all that pleased with it...the top of the tank seemed canted out a bit and the overall distance between primary and pony seemed excessive. Im hoping that the X bracket will solve those two issues due to its large contact area and narrow width.
Does anybody have experience with this particular system? How secure is it? Looking for a first hand review here...thanks.

I use the X-bracket with a 13 cuft pony and it's own cam band. My bc only has one strap so I just slide the bc on the tank and then slide the pony/x-bracket/cam band on and lock it all down. It is very quick to change tanks.
This setup is rock solid. I can pickup the whole ring by the pony valve if necessary. The only thing I don't like is the sharp metal clamps on the pony bottle. I am thinking about using some industrial plastic ties instead.

Piranha Dive Manufacturing has the x-bracket for a great price.
Piranha Dive Manufacturing

Back
Top Bottom