Wyoming...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hey divers, I have a buddy of mine considering learning to dive, but he lives in Wyoming. Any dive sites or shops around there he should look at?

Thanks!
Big state but only a few major cities. Where will he be? He's not far from Ft.Collins or even Boulder/Denver area, which has a fair sized dive population.
I was stationed in Cheyenne for 4 years as a Missile Launch Officer.

Colorado Scuba Diving Academy is located in Fort Collins and also serves Laramie, Cheyenne, and all of south eastern Wyoming. It is only a half hour drive to Fort Collins from Cheyenne. Our training facility features a very large pool over 12 feet deep which allows emphasis on diving fundamentals in addition to to required standards. We provide all equipment, start all students in backplate/wing and create a challenging yet enjoyable learning environment. Please have a look at our website and give me a call with any questions. ~Kent
www.codivingacademy.com

Big state but [-]only a few[/-] no major cities. Where will he be? He's not far from Ft.Collins or even Boulder/Denver area, which has a fair sized dive population.
I was stationed in Cheyenne for 4 years as a Missile Launch Officer.
You're being over generous. Cheyenne is pretty large by WY standards with Cheyenne and Casper both hovering around 60,000 people, and Laramie at half that with about 30,000. Sheridan and Green river halve that number again and every thing else is under 10,000 with maybe only a total of 40 cities or towns in WY even breaking into 4 digit population numbers.

Do a google search on "Wyoming population" and it will suggest "Do you mean working population?" - which I think illustrates the concept that Wyoming and population are mutually exclusive terms. The total population is just a bit north of 500,000 spread over 98,000 square miles, compared to 216,000 people spread over just 26 square miles in Arlington County VA.

That's not "bad" by any means, but it's something you're born into, or perhaps in some cases a taste acquired over time. I grew up in western SD and (transferred to Arlington VA - talk about culture shock) and 5 years later living in NC, I still find myself missing the distinct seasons, the enormous skies, the milky way, the silence of falling snow on the rare calm night, the unique sound of stepping on snow at sub zero temperatures, and the smell of sage brush and prairie sod. It gets in your blood.

Thus if you didn't acquire that taste you poor bastard - I think you for your service at Warren, if you did acquire the taste, I still thank you for your service, but ain't it great they paid you to be there!

I lived in SW Wyoming for 20 years, 1 hour drive to Park City Utah, 20 minutes to the Mountains, 1 hour 20 minutes to downtown Salt Lake City. It was a great place to live. It can take an hour to get to work here and I am 22 miles from the office. Best of both worlds? No state income tax, wide open spaces...............

Ugh, He just emailed me that he is in southeast Wyoming. is there any hope?
Fort Collins is close with a really good dive shop!

Back
Top Bottom