Wyoming/ Colorado diving?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hey nooba, did you email to doug@alpinescuba.net That will get you straight to the owner. He did my dry suit course and I work there too...

Thanks oceanone, I got a reply from Doug. I'm just trying to convince myself I can afford a drysuit now!

I have to really... I can't wait until summer to dive again! Even if I manage to afford to go to Florida, it still makes more sense for me to try diving dry because I can try some more local diving that would be impossible otherwise.

We are going to the UK for three weeks so hopefully it'll be something we make some progress on early 2007.

noobascooba:
Thanks oceanone, I got a reply from Doug. I'm just trying to convince myself I can afford a drysuit now!

I have to really... I can't wait until summer to dive again! Even if I manage to afford to go to Florida, it still makes more sense for me to try diving dry because I can try some more local diving that would be impossible otherwise.

We are going to the UK for three weeks so hopefully it'll be something we make some progress on early 2007.

If you are going to the UK, look at buying a drysuit there. I hear the prices are much lower there. Something about the cold water. :D

I was wondering if nooba was thinking of diving over there, because you're going to need a Drysuit or 7mm plus extras! Hope you have a great trip and drink a "pint" for me!!

noobascooba:
Hi
We are based in Laramie, WY and we are keen to dive soon. We have been to Seabase in Utah a few times but want to try some 'real' diving. Blue Hole is a bit far and the Crater is expensive, do we have any other realistic options, preferably in WY or CO?

I have been reading about places like Blue Mesa and Horsetooth crater, Blue Mesa in particular sounds really cool. The problem is we are inexperienced. In particular we don't have dry suits yet, the coldest water we have been in was 64F.

Any local divers out there we can tag along with in WYor CO? Or can anyone reccomend places to go locally that might be less taxing?

It'd be good to go with more experienced people, but I promise we can look after ourselves ok!!

I have read about drysuits, but would people reccomend doing the speciality course? If so, anyone have experience with local providers?

gotta get wet soon!!

Nooba, look on our dive map to see if we have any places you haven't seen yet! Also, if you have any suggestions for dive sites that we don't have on there, then you're more than welcome to submit them, thanks!

hey guys, Ive been following this but Im confused.. are you talkin about the blue hole in New Mexico or the blue hole near wendover NV. youd have to check about the snow, but the water in wendover I would imagine could be dove in a drysuit this time of year. We also dive Belmont HS in Plymouth Ut, not anything to see, but its hot and its a place play.
Clay

The Blue Hole in Santa Rosa, NM. :)

I won't be diving in the UK this time, but I'm sure I'll have a few pints :)

Drysuits are certainly common in the UK, but I don't think I can get a better deal there because stuff in general is more expensive.

Here is the exchange rate at this point in time for the UK Pound.

1 GBP = 1.95145 USD

Back
Top Bottom