Wyndham

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The change seems to have taken place last winter, but the official name change only seems to have come into effect just recently. Not only has the name changed they have announced that they are building yet another addition to the huge complex of buildings which will be called the Aura.
Cozumel Mexico Travel - New Luxury Resort To Open In January 2008

Yes the Wyndham took over the management in June o7. The food has been a very nice upgrade,along with other little things like adding an ICE machine at the beginning of the ownership condos on the north end of the hotel section. They are upgrading the door locks to electronic, and also replacing ac units. They have a plan for upgrades which I think was lacking before. I was there in Oct. then again 2 weaks ago and just in a 1 month upgrades were noticable. I saw management walking around with contractors Nov.14 and was told they are taking bids for resort wide improvements to begin after Easter.

Unless the new Hotel just south of the watersports hut gets 24 hour construction I don't see them openning more than a few units in Jan. This will be a very expensive hotel, The top floor suites will have rooftop access with palapa covered patios and some will have hot tubs up there.

I will be back in Coz Jan 18-23 and Feb9-16 and can give you an update then.

Lou

We'll be there this Sunday (for a week).
Will report back what we see.

Jeff.

I'll be interested in hearing your report. Bought in a couple of years ago but haven't been there since March. Did like what I saw then....

We're here right now.
There have been many improvements.
Food is a bit better.
A new Chinese Restaurant has been added (Sabor side).
There is a new Spa at the Resort.
Dive shop now has a "real" location (and they even clean your gear, if you want them to.)

We're having a blast.

How is the dive shop, would you reccomend the one on site or would reccomend going outside for your diving.
Glad your having a great time, we will be there in March

I just got back and all I can say is that the Wyndham resort is fabulous!!!

The decor is amazing - the rooms (we stayed Sabor) are huge and very nice and the food at the three a la carte restaurants is to die for! The lunches and breakfasts a la carte were also unbelieveable.

We dove with Martin on our first day and it was good but the Sand Dollar Sports shope really have their act together. From those who dove with them everyday they highly recommended them so we finished off with them for our final dives and the treatment was first class. It is very nice having your own pier to leave from instead of going to town.

Wyndham is 1st class in my eyes.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom