WV divers?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Cfdsmokeater

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
Hello everyone. Just wondering if there are any WV divers out there.

yep, i know several right off the bat. you can pm kristi_hager, mrs.prages, prages, and coming soon - ncdiver2004! though i guess he'll have to change his screenname when he moves, huh?

welcome!

WV divers YES THERE ARE! Where are you from?

yep!! see post #2! :wink:

though said incident happened in nc, not wv.

I dind't kick anyone's ***! I just demurely implied that it could happen. :wink:

WVDivers roll call is looking better everyday though. Now that we have lured Charlie into our midsts.

What part of WV do you hale from WVDiver?

kristi hager:
WV divers YES THERE ARE! Where are you from?
Hurricane, for those of you not from WV, thats pronounced her-I-can or her-I-cun. Don't ask me why.

Looks like you're making friends. For better enjoyment around the board, it'll help if you complete your Dive Info...

:biggrinba don

And don't be shy about posting. Click Forums above, tour the long list of choices, and jump in anywhere you're qualified. PM me with any questions, and I'll try to find a pretty good answer.

Cfdsmokeater:
Hurricane, for those of you not from WV, thats pronounced her-I-can or her-I-cun. Don't ask me why.

Yes, I know where her-i-cun is. My brother lives there.

Also have relatives in Milton and Huntington.

More info please. Will keep you posted of local get togethers.

Mt Storm on the 30th.

Lifeguard class 95. Open water certified in 96 with my father. Went to the Keys (I believe 97). Keys spoiled me. Graduated high school. Worked odd jobs. Got married. Worked odd jobs and college. Bob (the man I have to thank for spurring my interest in diving and other things) asked me to take the test for the fire dept he worked for. Did good on test. Dept hired first 12 off of list (I was 27th out of 500 some). City threaten lay-offs. Put fire career @ the back of my mind. Odd jobs and college. 9/11. Dept called and I accepted. Started career. Built house (construction just so happen to be one of the "odd jobs" I had). My son was born (hopefully more to come) and 2 years later here we are.

I go to work feeling 26, come home feeling 80, play with my boy who brings down to 2, wife comes home from work and brings me back up to 26, go to bed, awake, repeat.

If you havent notice, there wasnt much diving in the above description. There is an answer for that, there is none. I was certified before graduating high school and went to the keys which I believe could spoil anyone @ that time (buy the way, fundraisers helped pay for the trip, but dad did help some even though he didnt get to go). Once out of the house, a country boy doesnt have much of a budget for such activites. Especially in land locked WV.

Now that the whrilwind that is one's 20's is slowing down, and the dive trips my father has and is going on, my interest is coming back. By the way, dad is now a assistant instructor through SSI.

So, I bought some dive gear. Amazed @ how tech advacend everything is now. I could afford a computer! Heck, when I was certified, a computer was only seen in magizines and was the size of a shoebox, cost twice as much as my first car, and frankly was kind of scary (remember this was WV) . Have yet to get the gear wet but I ,believe MT Storm on the 11th, I will get to do some refresher work with dad and Bob. Have allready read my student materials several times and can't wait.

As for the future, I believe I would like to try some nitrox and wreck diving. As for penetration and cave diving, I believe I will leave that for the hardcore. I allready run into burning buildings and have to draw the line somewhere.

Hope this wasnt too boring.

By the way, my name is Joe.

I can't believe I left this out, but my goal out of high school was to go to houston to a commercial dive school. But, with money and my new marriage in mind, I chose another path that Im extremly happy with.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom