WTF no sim card slot on the new iPhone 14

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The EU mandated a common charging connector:

One common charging solution for all
That's my point. The previous poster claimed that Apple was imposing their way on the market (headphone jack). Definitely not doing it here. The EU is forcing their arm. I'm happy to wait out this iteration of the iPhone until it supports USB C. I could use a charging mat but that's yet another thing to carry around with me. I wish that Shearwater had a Teric charger that supported USB C too. (Wishful thinking).

Who knows, perhaps they'll do away completely with corded charging?

I replaced my 8 plus with a 13 a few months back. I got the Mag Safe case and have several of the chargers. Absolutely fab. One of the chargers I got from Amazon can either do USB-C or the older USB. Changeable tips. I like it much better than the usual charging from the end port.

Take a trip up North. The Canadian iPhone 14 will have the sim tray. 🙂
Plus while you are up here, take advantage of the great exchange rates and dive our awesome lakes!! A great win🙂👍

Where did you see this? Ordered mine yesterday (upgrade from a 7) and I did not see that. Hoping you are right!

To me esim is not a deal breaker. It'd be much better in the future with having up to 8 esims that can be put in iPhone 14.

I dropped my iPhone 11 Pro Max and shattered both front and back faces badly a few days ago. Apple Store told me it would cost $600 to replace it. Then I went to AT&T for a better option. AT&T rep looked at it and said if I pre-ordered iPhone 14 through them, they'd take my broken iPhone 11 Pro Max and give me $800 credit towards the purchase of iPhone 14 (it would have been $1000 credit if the iPhone 11 Pro Max were in good condition). So, yesterday I pre-ordered iPhone 14 Pro Max with 1 TB memory for $800 ($1600 - $800 credit for returning the broken iPhone 11 Pro Max) or $22.22/month for 36 months.

I still have an unlocked iPhone 6 plus that I'm using for traveling overseas. I was in Indonesia in July and August, put Indonesian sim card (Telkomsel) on my iPhone 6 plus, and used the iPhone 6 plus as personal hotspot for my iPhone 11 Pro Max.

Most people, that I'm dealing with in overseas (Australia, Colombia, Costa Rica, Cuba, Ecuador, Egypt, Germany, Indonesia, Italy, Mexico, Peru, Saudi Arabia, Thailand, UAE, and UK) use WhatsApp. All I need to have is having Wi-Fi access to my AT&T smartphone.

USB C isn't their own way.
Neither was Bluetooth or WiFi. Hard to describe which way they go. But I’ve had an iPhone and iPad since their initial iterations. The thing that makes me the maddest is “In App Purchases”. They innovated that sum move really well.

Wow. My refurb 6S cost $200. I replaced the battery myself once for $25 or so. Works great. It has been dropped many times but stays safe in a Tech 21 case. My daughters spend all available income on new iPhones, then promptly break them. The preference for cheap gear is obviously not genetic! LOL.

Wow. My refurb 6S cost $200. I replaced the battery myself once for $25 or so. Works great. It has been dropped many times but stays safe in a Tech 21 case. My daughters spend all available income on new iPhones, then promptly break them. The preference for cheap gear is obviously not genetic! LOL.
I don’t know how people keep breaking their phones. They must be totally careless. I’ve had smart phones since 2008, keep them in good cases, and I’ve never had a broken or cracked screen at all. I’ve dropped them on tile floors and nada!

Neither was Bluetooth or WiFi. Hard to describe which way they go. But I’ve had an iPhone and iPad since their initial iterations. The thing that makes me the maddest is “In App Purchases”. They innovated that sum move really well.

They push things that work with their design and wall garden philosophy. Lightening allows them to keep their walled garden and is good enough particular with the push for wireless charging. At least that is how they see it. I am in favor of industry standards even if they are a complete cluster like USB C has been.

If Apple doesn't like the standard, they should join the industry groups and help improve them. Don't create a new standard unless you absolutely necessary.

Where did you see this? Ordered mine yesterday (upgrade from a 7) and I did not see that. Hoping you are right!
I read it on iPhoneinCanada.ca and on the Apple Canada website you can see the sim tray in pictures.
I hope I am right as well.

Back
Top Bottom