WTF JUST HAPPENED? Battery failure? Acid?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It's currently sitting in my window (nice and hot today too). I ordered a new Xtar protected battery and will give it a go when it arrives.

I can't see how it could possibly be user error as the light was new, literally opened, install battery, charged, end cap installed, dove once to 40' - I should just try to send it back now that I think about it. Just picked up a little Sea Dragon Mini 900 for Monday in Catalina to get me though. Gonna start looking at "big boy" lights here too. Time for my GUE Fundamentals class!

Just CALLED Amazon. I've been a Prime member for a very long time. They're sending replacement, will be here Wednesday.

Some of you guys seem to really know your stuff. Would the new "protected" battery have prevented this issue? Just wondering. I think I'll opt to not use the battery that comes with the light. I'm also going to give a VERY thorough inspection and even go as far as using the "replacement" oring kit instead of the one installed just in case these are old stock and been sitting somewhere less than ideal for an unknown amount of time.

Thoughts?

Back
Top Bottom