WTB Tank Whip (For Cleaning)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Can use solid rod or hollow tube. Drill holes. insert stainless wire and lock in with a hammer. :D

upload_2021-3-3_14-37-51.jpeg

Can use solid rod or hollow tube. Drill holes. insert stainless wire and lock in with a hammer. :D

View attachment 645325

That's great!! I have all that just laying around I'm sure.

How long do you find it takes to whip a tank? Do you wash it out after or just blow out any dust?

Aluminum circular rod: 3/8 x 36 inches.

18 holes 3/8 inches apart.

18 stainless wires - 8 inches long.

18 pan head SS metal screws 3/8" long

Screws and wire are at Home Depot.

That looks nice. Can you run me through your process? Clean with hot water? Any issues with any residue from the acid? Can you do this in place of whipping? ie, this will remove exisitng surface rust no problem?

Thanks.

That's something I could make. Do you just keep it off the bottom so as to not "etch" the inside of the tank?

Do you just keep it off the bottom so as to not "etch" the inside of the tank?

Yes. That’s a new one I made for a friend. I’ve never scratched the bottom with mine.

Yes. That’s a new one I made for a friend. I’ve never scratched the bottom with mine.

About how long do you whip it?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom