wtb panther speargun by scubapro

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rwcocean

New
Reaction score
I am looking to buy a panther spear gun by scuba pro,MUST BE SCUBA PRO,in working condition.I don't need shaft,tip or bands just broke the stock after 28 years and unable to repair I live in Southern California.

Seems like you got some life out of your panther. I do have one in like new condition but have a possible solution for you. If the trigger mechanism is still good we used to machine off the all of the stock around the mechanism leaving the handle and mechanism in the form of a rectangular block without barrel and cocking stock. With a magohany board we would split the board and cut a receptacle for the handle and mechanism in opposite sides of the two split halves. Then with a two part glue powder and liquid the two barrel halves are joined and form a receptacle for the handle and trigger mechanism. It keeps the two halves working against each other and hence warping. It takes a table saw or radial arm saw for the woodworking and a machinst for the removal of the plactic around the handle. Benefits are that you can make your speargun the lenth that you would like. I have one that is a 60 inch shaft and another that is a 48. If it's interesting to you, I'll send some photos.
Best regards,
Mark Lamont
Original designer of the Panther
vallartarealestatepro@gmail.com

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom