Closed: WTB: 1990s Scubapro Gorilla XL

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Geo7

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
Hi all, I can't quite explain, but this old classic just works for me and is versatile for my uses. I guess I got used to it. 2.5 pairs broke on me (suddenly without warning) and I would like another pair. It seems some of them get brittle and break, others just last. Perhaps storage?

Does anyone have a pair in XL they don't need?
image.jpeg

Best of luck. I gave up continuing to search after I snapped my second pair in ~2010. Great fins until then.

Thanks for the input. Wow, it happened to you as well. The defect in the nylon blade might be common then. It does not seem to be breaking from fatigue at the end of their designed cycles, because the fins that broke had less dives than the pair I am still using....

I know... :) I tried the OMS slipstream in XL and they were a bit to small for drysuit and a bit to large for wetsuit.

I tried old Jets in L with 3mm bots and they were very nice, so I'll try that again soon.

I know... :) I tried the OMS slipstream in XL and they were a bit to small for drysuit and a bit to large for wetsuit.

I tried old Jets in L with 3mm bots and they were very nice, so I'll try that again soon.
Xxl will fit dry boots, I wear size 15 so I replace the springs with bungee, old XL are just slightly smaller than new XXL, I use the old XXL for rough entry because they are a little bigger than the new ones so they go on easier. I can loan you a set of new XXL but shipping may make it prohibitive.

Dang. I’ve tossed at least a dozen pairs of those in the garbage over the past few years.

Dang. I’ve tossed at least a dozen pairs of those in the garbage over the past few years.
Really? They look odd and many won't give them a second look, but that nylon blade is snappy... (not to be confused with the rubber or polyurethane seawings that lack the golden "Gorilla" logo).

Really? They look odd and many won't give them a second look, but that nylon blade is snappy... (not to be confused with the rubber or polyurethane seawings that lack the golden "Gorilla" logo).

I help out at a dive shop. People drop off their old equipment - we donate most to charities - some stuff just gets dumped. No one wants those fins.

Anyone wants this fin? It looks ok, but no guarantee how long it may last...

It's free, just cover the shipping cost.

Attachments

• IMG_4920 1.JPG
    IMG_4920 1.JPG
    54.7 KB · Views: 55

Back
Top Bottom