Closed: WTB: 1990s Scubapro Gorilla XL

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Try some old Mares Plana Avanti great fins. I've been using them since the late 80's lost some along the way haven't wore out any, yet. I have a LG pair for wet suit and XLG for dry suit boots. Ebay is loaded with them.

Thanks for the info. The Planas are great, I had a full-foot version since the 1990s. I still have four pairs of Gorillas (one NOS), and after that I'll bring out the Jets and look at Avantis.

Hi all, I can't quite explain, but this old classic just works for me and is versatile for my uses. I guess I got used to it. 2.5 pairs broke on me (suddenly without warning) and I would like another pair. It seems some of them get brittle and break, others just last. Perhaps storage?

Does anyone have a pair in XL they don't need?
View attachment 656310
I had the exact same thing happen to my Sp Gorillas. The fins were always washed and stored inside so it kind of surprised me when they broke. I guess it's a common defect. I switched to Jets.

Thanks for the info. Tha Planas are great, I had a full-foot version since the 1990s. I still have four pairs of Gorillas (one NOS), and after that I'll bring out the Jets and look at Avantis.

I didn't mention it but I also have a pair of full foot version for warm water snorkeling. I tried them for SCUBA diving but found they weren't stiff enough, didn't get the same results for the same effort.

I didn't mention it but I also have a pair of full foot version for warm water snorkeling. I tried them for SCUBA diving but found they weren't stiff enough, didn't get the same results for the same effort.
The full foot Planas with Twaron were great, stiffer than the regular but they're almost impossible to find now. Iv'e been on the look out for the size 10-11 (large I think) for a while now. My mediums cramp my feet.

Hi all, I can't quite explain, but this old classic just works for me and is versatile for my uses. I guess I got used to it. 2.5 pairs broke on me (suddenly without warning) and I would like another pair. It seems some of them get brittle and break, others just last. Perhaps storage?

Does anyone have a pair in XL they don't need?
View attachment 656310
Scubapro advertising for that fun was "Are you strong enough to kick like a guerilla?". You certainly are!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom