Wrist vs Console

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

limeyx:
I don't have that many dives, and I find that I need to check my SPG way less often than depth/direction.

I always check SPG on initial descent (just to make sure it doesn't suddenly have a crazy reading for some reason) and then usually every 5 mins or so after that, depending on depth. Unclipping an SPG every 5 mins to look at it seems reasonable.

depth, bottom time, direction I check much more frequently and so I'd rather they were right in front of me.

If you guys would just move the left waistband D-ring forward a little bit, you wouldn't have to unclip the galdern thing every time you wanted to check your air. If you position it just right, all you have to do is just nod a bit and it's right there. (As long as you have a half-decent mask, at least.)

I'd go mental if I had to go through that whole routine every time I wanted to check my air...

doole:
If you guys would just move the left waistband D-ring forward a little bit, you wouldn't have to unclip the galdern thing every time you wanted to check your air. If you position it just right, all you have to do is just nod a bit and it's right there. (As long as you have a half-decent mask, at least.)

I'd go mental if I had to go through that whole routine every time I wanted to check my air...

Well, I *could* do that, but then when I clip off my camera to my left chest D-Ring with arm, strobe etc. it tends to cover the SPG up. I *could* jiggle it around and hope I can see it around the camera, but I find that unclipping and re-clipping keeps the hose short, tucked in and still works when I have stuff clipped off.

doole:

you'd be surprised how easy it is to clip and unclip the SPG once you get used
to it.

it takes me about three seconds, tops, to unclip, look, and clip back.

and i am a former console user. i wouldn't go back. i tried the "look with the
corner of your mask without unclipping" thing, but it didn't work for me. seemed
to be more effort than just unclipping the danged thing.

doole:

This won't work if you are carrying a deco bottle or slung pony bottle. Best just to clip it behind the deco bottle and be done with it.

Well, I notice that the Kitchen Sink often gets infront of my gauges as well :D I'll unclip that too next time to get a better look!! Seams there are plenty of angles to this topic! Maybe we all need both? Hmmm..... :439:

crpntr133:
SSHHHH, don't tell everyone then all the DIR guys will want one. :D

actually, the DIR guys will tell you it sucks, is an entanglement hazard, doesn't hug corners properly and comes in more than one color (other than stealth black) so who needs one? :)

Chad_Ordelheide:
Well, I notice that the Kitchen Sink often gets infront of my gauges as well :D I'll unclip that too next time to get a better look!! Seams there are plenty of angles to this topic! Maybe we all need both? Hmmm..... :439:

Hmm, can you post a pic of how you attach the bolt-snap to the kitchen sink, I seem to be having some difficulties with it creating drag whenver I try to clip it off :)

you need a foldable kitchen sink that you can keep in a pocket with your
spare schnorkel, dude

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom