Wrist Seal Goop Pulling Lose

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mo2vation

Relocated to South Florida....
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Had my DrySuit since December. The goop that sort of seals the suit to the wrist seals (on the inside) is pulling off the latex.

Is this normal stuff? Should I re-seal it with more goop?

Here's a pic.

Thanks -

K

http://www.pbase.com/image/20267503

You could let them know about it, but I wouldn't hope for to much. I had the same problem and I shot a little Aquaseal under the loose area. After that dried (24 hrs) I overlapped the area onto the wrist seal with another coat. It's been fine since (15 dives). Good luck.

matt

My wife's TLS350 hasn't had this issue, and has about the same number of dives on it. I'm contacting DUI C.S. today - hope we can come to an agreement.

They've been great with other stuff (like buying the thing, configuring the suit, etc.)... I anticipate a good ending.

Bob3 - you rule. I was all set to dive into this project (pun intended) and re-seal myself...I mean, I have the kit, got the Cotol and was ready to rock. How hard could it be? Until your note.

I called DUI - they said send it in.

I sent it to DUI - a week later (well, a week and a couple of days) its back. Wrist seals all fixed under warranty. Funny, they didn't replace the seals (Guess I expected them to for some reason...anyway no re-cutting) but rather re-sealed them. They also did a full inspection and re-sealed parts of several other seams, repaired a scuff in one of the sleeves that I caused reaching for a bug last season, and cleaned up my neck seal cut-job a bit...

Great warranty experience (if there can truly be such a thing...) Living next day ground UPS from these guys made this really quick.

Thanks for the tip.

K

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom