Wrist or consoles computer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kingwayne

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
:confused: What do most divers prefer wrist or consoles computers?
And why, I’m looking to buy Aeris XR2

wrist.

I don't know about most but I use a ProPlus console and a backup wrist depth/bottom timer.

Dave

I'm pretty new at this, but it only took me one dive with a console computer to figure out that I wanted a wrist computer. It is irritating to have to flip the console over to see your computer/pressure. With a wrist computer you can look at everything at once, and it reduces the amount of time your looking down at your console.

I'm investing in an wrist computer and compass.

I prefer a wrist computer. I find it much more convenient. I have a Diverite Nitek Duo and have no complaints.

I prefer a wrist computer.

It has the added benefit of being more portable during your SI too. If you are like me, you like to review your previous dives during your SI. Having your computer on your wrist makes this easier than carrying around your reg.

Originally when I was looking at diving gear for purchase I was keen on the integrated computer console. However I did wind up with a Mares M1 wrist computer and a Sherwood Maximus reg with standard gauges. This allowed me to have a purely mechanical regulator setup. This gives me much more flexibility if something goes wrong with either the computer or the regulator. For the type of diving I do (Warm water vacation) it didn't make sense to put all my eggs in one basket.

I think wrist is a more popular answer due to having all the information right in front of you. You end up wearing a wrist mounted compass on the opposite hand it seems to make navigation easier as well. I currently dive with an Oceanic Pro Plus 2 that I will be selling in the next week or two once my new wrist mount computer comes in. It's a great computer, it's just not that much fun to constantly unclip it to get any kind of information off of it. And the idea of the wrist mount is far more appealing after diving in one.

Shane

PS - If anyone wants a used Oceanic Pro Plus 2 w/compass and quick disconnect. Let me know. I have one with only about 30-40 dives on it, mostly freshwater. Always rinsed. The actual posting for it's sale will happen after me new one arrives. But if there's interest, we can work something out.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom