Wrist boot to Bungee mount

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

smorneau

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I have a wrist boot for my puck style computer and the watch style band does not fit well over f my drysuit. Has anyone turned one of these into a bungee mount yet and cut the band off? If so I am looking for recomendations.
Thanks

I got an old used NitekHE that I only used for occasional situations. It had a really crappy attachment strap, so I wanted to do the same thing. The slots that held the strap in place were too narrow to accept the thickness of the bungee. What I finally did was put two zip ties through those slots and pull them tight. I then attached the bungee to the zip ties. It worked perfectly.

Anyone know of any manufacturers other than deep sea supply that makes binges mounts.

DSS does not make one that fits a sherwood puck

Yeah..the bungee mounts are tits on a Ritz. I have three. Two compass' and one computer.

Saw somebody else with one (DSS) yesterday for the first time.

DSS does not make one that fits a sherwood puck

I DIY'd one for a TUSA computer and saw a DIY'd one for Scubapro Galileo.

Ya I have one on my sk7 and love it, but the wrist band on my computer boot is useless with a drysuit.

Has anyone turned one of these into a bungee mount yet and cut the band off?

Yes. You can melt holes in the the stubs with a hot nail for two separate continuous bungee loops,ie, four holes.

Did you go through the stubs of the straps or through the bottom inside of the boot?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom