Wrinkles November Dive PreDive Scouting 11-13

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wrinkles:
Now Mr. Phillips you know I only prolong the time of entry when you're around so I can spend more time with you....I dont do that with just anyone :eyebrow: :wink:

Ana

Delaying the entry, especially if it's a surf entry can reduce the risk of DCI. Good job Anna.

I had so much fun last night! Thanks! I haven't laughed so hard in ages! See you all next Sunday!

LONG LIVE SMITTY!

Ann Marie:
LONG LIVE SMITTY!

OMG, Ann Marie, I was drinking a Diet Coke when I read this and it nearly came out my nose!! Thanks!!

Jennifer

Great day and evening too! I agree, my sides hurt from laughing so hard!
Nice to see Otter & Son, Ross & Andy. And nice to meet IcediverinCA. Hope we didn't scare you off and hope to see you at the Wrinkles Dive, Laguna next Sunday. Thanks to Wrinkles, Sapphire, Ann Marie (Smitty Diva) for a great dive even though conditions were not optimum. I got to try my new depth finder (thanx for the hookup divebuddysean!) and it works great. Although I did sacrifice my small light to davey's locker. Thanks to AndrewJD for hanging out and going out with us last night. The speech was truly touching. Glad we could be part of your last nite in the States. Good Luck in Korea, I have so much respect for the military personell (past and present)for what you do for our country. Please keep in touch. Ana, Jennifer and Ann Marie, thanks for attracting the local barfly (SMITTY) it was such a source of entertainment and I'm sure will be for some time to come. I'm blaming Jamie (Ann Marie's husband) and JDog for my sides killin' me this morning from laughing so hard. Good times! Good Margueritas! Good Company! Diving people are the best...I've been saying that since the La Jolla Shores Wrinkles dive.

jetfixer:
Great day and evening too! I agree, my sides hurt from laughing so hard!
Nice to see Otter & Son, Ross & Andy. And nice to meet IcediverinCA. Hope we didn't scare you off and hope to see you at the Wrinkles Dive, Laguna next Sunday. Thanks to Wrinkles, Sapphire, Ann Marie (Smitty Diva) for a great dive even though conditions were not optimum. I got to try my new depth finder (thanx for the hookup divebuddysean!) and it works great. Although I did sacrifice my small light to davey's locker. Thanks to AndrewJD for hanging out and going out with us last night. The speech was truly touching. Glad we could be part of your last nite in the States. Good Luck in Korea, I have so much respect for the military personell (past and present)for what you do for our country. Please keep in touch. Ana, Jennifer and Ann Marie, thanks for attracting the local barfly (SMITTY) it was such a source of entertainment and I'm sure will be for some time to come. I'm blaming Jamie (Ann Marie's husband) and JDog for my sides killin' me this morning from laughing so hard. Good times! Good Margueritas! Good Company! Diving people are the best...I've been saying that since the La Jolla Shores Wrinkles dive.
I'm glad to see that you all had such a great time! I'm really looking forward to the Wrinkles Dive next weekend.

You know, divebuddysean should be getting commissions on those depth finders! I just received mine a couple of days ago from Vexilar and really look forward to playing with it on some dives. I think these things are so cool! Not only will they give you depth from the surface, but they can be used at depth to see if there is any structure within 200 feet from you.

Well, at least I got to pick out some plumbing fixtures and tile for my repipe and bathroom addition, while you were all having so much fun. LOL, I'll just keep telling myself that I had a very productive weekend. :wink:

Christian

headhunter:
You know, divebuddysean should be getting commissions on those depth finders! I just received mine a couple of days ago from Vexilar and really look forward to playing with it on some dives. I think these things are so cool! Not only will they give you depth from the surface, but they can be used at depth to see if there is any structure within 200 feet from you.

These do rule. We've been using them for a few years when we go float tubing and Kayak Fishing. Didn't know these things could take the depth of diving without leaking, etc. Hmmmm....

Ken

Mo2vation:
These do rule. We take them when we go float tubing and Kayak Fishing. Didn't know these things could take the depth of diving without leaking, etc. Hmmmm....

Ken
According to the paperwork that came with the depth finder, it is OK down to 150 feet. Krowsea and divebuddysean use them diving and have had no problems.

I'm goint to clip it to my left shoulder D-ring wih a small bolt snap, since I don't have a backup light there (just one on my right shoulder). It's about the same size as a backup light and will be held in place with a piece of innertube just like a light, so this should work really well.

I got mine refurbished for $89 from www.vexilar.com.

Can't wait to use it to find reefs on surface swims.

Christian

Aside from the giddy fun of "how deep IS that canyon?" what do you do with it?

On a surface swim, if you're not sure where to drop, maybe OK. But I don't get the underwater usage?

Ken

Mo2vation:
Aside from the giddy fun of "how deep IS that canyon?" what do you do with it?

On a surface swim, if you're not sure where to drop, maybe OK. But I don't get the underwater usage?

Ken

Say you are underwater and missed your drop in point. You can use it in the horizontal position to "look" for structure within 200ft.

Or for instance. "hmmmm....wonder what the vis REALLY is?" Point at a rock at the edge of your vision an tada!!! it will tell you how far away it is.

Also great for accurate site mapping.

Terry

divinman:
Say you are underwater and missed your drop in point. You can use it in the horizontal position to "look" for structure within 200ft.

Or for instance. "hmmmm....wonder what the vis REALLY is?" Point at a rock at the edge of your vision an tada!!! it will tell you how far away it is.

Also great for accurate site mapping.

Terry

Heck! I like the idea that it is just another toy!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom