Wrinkles May '07 Dive Planning Thread - La Jolla

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

7mm "barrier" wetsuit, 4.3 Xcel hooded vest (Never heard of 4.3 before but thats what it says, hood seems thicker), 7mm booties, and 3mm gloves. bringing 5mm gloves just in case, if hands get cold I'll use em for second dive, if not they go back to SC still in package. lol.

I've been in 52 degrees a few times and not gotten too cold without the vest but using a 6/3 "cold water" hood. My torso is naturally insulated, lol.

Just returned from Coz, where the water temp was 84-86 and cenotes were a cool 76. Whats another 40*? Brrrrr.

I'll be there, for my third wrinkles event. And I've got oranges.

Probably no diving for me this weekend since visitors are being discouraged from traveling to the island until Tuesday, and that means the King Neptune won't be going out (like Bob & Tina have time to deal with their business given recent events?). Probably also means my meeting Sunday AM is off.

Hope everyone has a great dive down there. I'll be watching DVD's (dive-related of course).

Thanks Terry, Anna and Josh, it was a great dive and a wonderful day. Another wonderful SB Wrinkles dive, thanks!

Here's a link to the photo album;

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v116/krowsea/Wrinkles LJS 05-12-07/

A few from the album;

wrinkles176.jpg

wrinkles182.jpg

wrinkles183.jpg

wrinkles187.jpg

wrinkles191.jpg

wrinkles196.jpg

wrinkles197.jpg

wrinkles198.jpg

wrinkles201.jpg

wrinkles202.jpg

Great pics, especially considering the viz ... I didn't see the Wolf Eel ... musta been because I was on the wrong dive :wink:

I had a good time, although water sure coulda been warmer, the viz a bit better .. the food and the company couldn't have been finer :)
.. Kudos to Christian for all the effort that he puts in to every one of these get togethers :D

Very cool to see the Dendronotus iris on the cerianthid anemone tube. I really do need to get down there and do some diving since I saw so many things there last year that I never (or only very rarely) see here.

Glad everyone had a good time.

Codyjp:
Sadly i missed it, I was busy diving farsworth bank... dang. John, that wolf eel is wild looking!

Even more so because the Wolf Eel is actually a really long and fairly ugly fish, and not actually an Eel. Hopefully Terry will post some of his pics here. He has some really great shots of the Wolf Eel from that dive that are much clearer than mine, including an awesome one from a dive a few days previous where it was out of it's lair and free swimming!

Time: 7:24am descent
Temp: 47 degrees
Vis: 15-20feet
Max Depth: 96 feet
Bottom Time: 60 mins
Buddies: Kim and Team JJ

Time: 12:15pm descent
Temp: 50 degrees
Vis: 10-15 feet
Max Depth: 70 feet
Bottom Time: 66 mins
Buddies: John, Ana and Josh

Todays Albums: The Usual stuff and Wolves in the Walls

First dive was a SAND DIVE....yeah, I know Josh...I know. But we did see some cool stuff. Jumped the gap, donated a hood and came back for snacks.

Went diving. It was nice. Here are the pictures. The wolf was in the same hole as yesterday so I was happy to point her out. All were happy. Photos were taken.

P5120004.jpg

P5120011.jpg

P5120012.jpg

P5120023.jpg

P5120026.jpg

P5120028.jpg

P5120032.jpg

P5120036.jpg

P5120056.jpg

Re-exposureofP5120089.jpg

Re-exposureofP5120090.jpg

Re-exposureofP5120102.jpg

divinman:
Time: 7:24am descent
Temp: 47 degrees
Vis: 15-20feet
Max Depth: 96 feet
Bottom Time: 60 mins
Buddies: Kim and Team JJ

Time: 12:15pm descent
Temp: 50 degrees
Vis: 10-15 feet
Max Depth: 70 feet
Bottom Time: 66 mins
Buddies: John, Ana and Josh

Todays Albums: The Usual stuff and Wolves in the Walls

First dive was a SAND DIVE....yeah, I know Josh...I know. But we did see some cool stuff. Jumped the gap, donated a hood and came back for snacks.

Went diving. It was nice. Here are the pictures. The wolf was in the same hole as yesterday so I was happy to point her out. All were happy. Photos were taken.

Really nice photos Terry! I love the wolf eel. Sorry we missed the dives!

Jennifer

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom