Wrinkles Boat

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I agree with Ann Marie and Scubalaurel. The first dive boat trip should be done as Ann Marie suggested. We can then see how much of a turn out we have, chartering our own boat is a big ($$$$) commitment that I wouldn’t use my credit card on.

I'm also going back on the Encore for either San Clemente or San Nicholas (it currently is San Clemente but maybe changed to San Nick.) June 17th on one of Laurel's boat trips. I don't know if there are any spaces left. I don't have a buddy yet for that one. ScubaLaurel can tell you more if you want to go.

Then with Sport Chalet again, I've signed up to dive Santa Cruz/Anacapa on the Spectre in July. Trip date is 7/30, boards at 0600 and departs at 0700. I thnk this boat is out of Ventura. The cost of this trip is only $88! I have a buddy for this trip but would again love to have some other friends along.

I also have a gift certificate for Dive Connections. I'm just waiting for Terry, Roy, Sean, or any of the other San Deigo guys to say the word!

Ann Marie:
I also have a gift certificate for Dive Connections. I'm just waiting for Terry, Roy, Sean, or any of the other San Deigo guys to say the word!

Ann,

I also have some of these certificates, l'm sort of planning on next weekend if the weather clears.

Ann Marie:
Why charter our own boat?
Down the road, I can see that we could save quite a bit of money and have more control over where we get to go on the boat. But for now, I agree that it would be more trouble than it's worth.

Do you think that it would be a good idea to make plans to have the Mo2vation Dives on a regular schedule and rotate the locations like we do for the Wrinkles Dives?

My thought is that this would make it easier for people to plan in advance and that this could be done with existing trips that have already been chartered by dive shops or that the boat operators already have going. The money is collected by the shop or the boat operator. So, no hassels. Whoever makes it, makes it and there is no worry about filling the boat.

Christian

Ann Marie:
I'm also going back on the Encore for either San Clemente or San Nicholas (it currently is San Clemente but maybe changed to San Nick.) June 17th on one of Laurel's boat trips. I don't know if there are any spaces left. I don't have a buddy yet for that one. ScubaLaurel can tell you more if you want to go.

Then with Sport Chalet again, I've signed up to dive Santa Cruz/Anacapa on the Spectre in July. Trip date is 7/30, boards at 0600 and departs at 0700. I thnk this boat is out of Ventura. The cost of this trip is only $88! I have a buddy for this trip but would again love to have some other friends along.

The spectre is out of Ventura. It has an awesome Jacuzzi, too! The last time I went on it, we got 14 people into it. Of course we were sitting on other's lap and, well, you get the idea *batting eyelashes* some more.... :wink:

The SOCDC June 17th boat is to San Nicholas and has 10 spots left. But, that isn't the fourth weekend of the month.

Ann Marie, if I go on that July 30 trip, can we carpool?

Laurel

scubalaurel:
It has an awesome Jacuzzi, too! The last time I went on it, we got 14 people into it.

Laurel
Ooohhh! Human bacteria frappe! :11:
I've been in that jacuzzi, yuck! (not because I was in it :eyebrow: )

Oh, and I dont think it will work, these boat dives :lightingz

scubalaurel:
Ann Marie, if I go on that July 30 trip, can we carpool?

Laurel

We can definately carpool!!!

Robert- Chlorine kills! Besides, how clean do you think the ocean really is??? :11:

Ann Marie:
We can definately carpool!!!

Robert- Chlorine kills! Besides, how clean do you think the ocean really is??? :11:
Cleaner than the jacuzzi on the Spectre!

Robert Phillips:
Cleaner than the jacuzzi on the Spectre!

You're just jealous because you weren't one of the 6 guys in it with 8 gals! :eyebrow:

Keep me posted on boat trips out of Ventura or Santa Barbara.

I like The Spectre and The Peace.

It would be a little further for most of you, but Truth Aquatics has three really nice boats. No hot tubs, but very roamy and nice bunk facilities.

I'd imagine you'd have to charter the boat quite a bit in advance.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom