Wrinkle October Dive WHERE??

Wrinkles October Dive Where??? You choose

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just in case the Santa Ana winds are blowing, and it's hot and sunny out, I have a couple of those ez-up deals for a little shade.

ICY ICE:
BBQ, music, and drinks sound great, if it's going this route keep in mind that October has a big climate change and it's also daylight savings towards the end of the month.!!

All right you. Hush!! All good points but I will be in Cabo the 8th to the 15th. I know you all don't want to dive without me!! :11:

Perhaps we could also grab a fire ring and haul in some pallets for a nice bonfire afterwards?

divinman

Good points - but like divinman I won't be in town the weekend of the 9th and I have a wedding to go to on the 23rd. But I am just one person - and I could dive early on the 23rd.

Early will be key! The SD group could secure the spot and get in an early dive - like get there at 6:30, dive at 7am. Then the OC, LA people could make their way down for the 2nd dive, BBQ and a 3rd dive.

ryanarcher:
Good points - but like divinman I won't be in town the weekend of the 9th and I have a wedding to go to on the 23rd. But I am just one person - and I could dive early on the 23rd.

Early will be key! The SD group could secure the spot and get in an early dive - like get there at 6:30, dive at 7am. Then the OC, LA people could make their way down for the 2nd dive, BBQ and a 3rd dive.
Since the "wrinkley one" herself can't make it on the 23rd, it seems like this dive will take place on the 30th.

I like the idea of not having to start the drive at midnight, so that I can get there at 6:30am. :wink: Starting with the second dive sounds like it may be a good option. :crafty:

Christian

divinman:
All right you. Hush!! All good points but I will be in Cabo the 8th to the 15th. I know you all don't want to dive without me!! :11:

Perhaps we could also grab a fire ring and haul in some pallets for a nice bonfire afterwards?

divinman
It is now against the law to burn pallets, or anything else that has nails and screws in it. Seems like they have to make up a new law just for the sake of nothing better to do. Just thought I would let everyone know about that. :11:

JDog:
It is now against the law to burn pallets, or anything else that has nails and screws in it. Seems like they have to make up a new law just for the sake of nothing better to do. Just thought I would let everyone know about that. :11:
Really,

I burned 10 last weekend while I stood and talked to the parks department officer. This was on Coronado though. Do you have a link to the law? :06:

One thing about the Shores on the 30th - OE is having their annual pumpkin carving contest (under water and topside) on this day. So they will probably be there early, take up lots of space - and turn up the silt in the canyon! Just an FYI - don't think it matters enough to change location or dates...

divinman:
Really,

I burned 10 last weekend while I stood and talked to the parks department officer. This was on Coronado though. Do you have a link to the law? :06:

I'll bring some good firewood. (I've been a pediatric nurse and seen kids come in after stepping on nails and screws. I'd rather buy the wood and know that I'm not leaving nails for tender feet.)

We also need someone to volunteer to get to the spot early enough to reserve it. (What time are we meeting?)

Someone want to keep a head count of who is coming (including spouses and kids)?

I'll volunteer to coordinate the who brings what, unless someone else wants to.

divinman:
Really,

Maybe it is just on BLM land. I ride dirt bikes in the winter and they had the law posted at the entrance to the riding area in Johnson Valley. I just assumed it was statewide, I guess I was wrong sorry about that. I must say pallets burn great. Must be good wood.

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom