Wrecks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

fin-in

Registered
Reaction score
Can anyone tell me the best wrecks in Texas to dive,both inland and on the coast? I just think that would be so much fun. I have some oldr basic gear and know how to use it.

Welcome to Scubaboard Fin

You can get with American Diving in South Padre. I know they go on some wreck dives.

For inshore diving, there are a few sunk boats in Lake Travis. The main ones I know of are at Mansfield dam. I know there used to be some at Starnes Island, but I haven't dove there in awhile.

Mack

We have a tug and a navy Barge off south padre. Check with American diving. Off mansfield you have three Liberty ships and rig jackets. Corpus you have liberty ships, chevron platform, Liberty ships off port o"conner, Vancouver off freeport, VA Fogg, Conoco/HLP Pyramid Lone star Reef Two liberties and the Bucaneers off of galveston/freeport.

Welcome to the Swamp Fin-In !

I hear that there are several "wrecks" under the 820 bridge going over Lake Worth
Remember now...You did mention "inland wrecks" :D

Yeah, American Diving is probably one of the better ones for wrecks. I dove one of the wrecks with them. A shrimp boat that went down in a storm. It was a good trip.

Back
Top Bottom