Lessons Wreck Penetration

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gene, Sunday night the idea to revisit the Nova JC special “Hitler’s Lost Sub”, which is Nova’s highest rated show ever and I watched it again since I had not seen it in who knows how many years. It was very enjoyable. Chatterton is a great wealth of diving knowledge and a gentleman.

If you happen to have a link for the JC episode on Truk Lagoon, I never saw that and would like to see them diving the deeper wrecks with small tanks and no Trimix/Nitrox. Wow, both diving icons both have the same initials JC.

John -- Yes, I need to rewatch that lost sub episode too as it's been so long.
I don't have a link to Jacques Cousteau Truk episode, but I was able to find it a handful of years ago online and I watched it with my family. For the first time since I was a kid. Good stuff!
(Back in 2005 I bought a multiple Cousteau DVD set of his TV show's second incarnation, but Truk's not on there. The Britannic is though.)

Best lesson I learned although I didn't realize it at the time was doing an utter shed load of night dives in already low vis waters first. Water vis where I am is terrible at the best of times (lucky if you have more than 4 meters), doing dozens of night dives in the same waters taught me to be comfortable in dark dark water. So when it came to me 2nd penetration with my instructor who thought he could freak me out by silting me completely out as I was bringing up the rear with a tangled line. I had no issues with the darkness, allowed me mind to concentrate on the line and not worry about the darkness.
Dark confined places have never really bothered me but practicing night diving switching lights on and off alot doing drills etc is good prep for wrecks in my opinion.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom