Wreck or Rock - Round 2!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

it's about 100 feet off the shore north of Boulevard Park. I don't think there is much navigation around there.

I suppose not. Would make for a decent dive site with easy shore access.
I've spent a number of days windsurfing off Marine Park but haven't dove in Bellingham.

Awesome! That's cool.

To me it looks like somebody stripped out a hull and put down their own private reef. I've done a few.

Looks like someone else found it too. The anchor at the 4:30 mark looks like it's been there a while. Was the other anchor inside the hull yours or another one somebody lost? Looks like the spot is not unknown but rarely visited.

Good job 👍

Looks like someone else found it too. The anchor at the 4:30 mark looks like it's been there a while. Was the other anchor inside the hull yours or another one somebody lost? Looks like the spot is not unknown but rarely visited.
Yeah, the anchor inside the hull is mine. The plan was to snag the wreck with the grappling hook and then drop the anchor nearby as a backup.

They ended up tangled in each other inside the hull.

I'm calling that really good navigation and taking it for a win!

Sounds good to me. Don't know how big the crabs were. We're they legal dungeness?

Sounds good to me. Don't know how big the crabs were. We're they legal dungeness?
Ehhh, probably. I don't crab, so I'm not sure, but they were chunky. Biggest crabs I have seen were off the east side of Chuckanut Island.

Was the other anchor attached to the wreck or do you think someone had fouled it on the wreck at some point? Were you diving at high or low tide?

Was the other anchor attached to the wreck or do you think someone had fouled it on the wreck at some point? Were you diving at high or low tide?
You know, I'm not sure. It was buried shank down and aside from "damn, that's a big anchor" I didn't look closely.

There are ropes leading off the bow to... somewhere and I was going to follow them, but silted up the bottom too much. Both things to look at next dive.

I was just before high on an 8 foot tide. So... the top of the framing may be in only 4 feet of water at MLLW.

Definitely seems worth some additional dives and with it that shallow you can do nice long ones.
In your video you mention the season being over, seems to me the good vis is just starting.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom