Wreck or rock, what do you think?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I hope there will be a full report on this adventure @Cthippo with photos :D

Good luck, it's always great to find a new wreck or a rock ha ha.

I would bet on a wreck of some sort. Not because of the shape or anything but because of what looks like an impact scar in the sand. Could just be washout from currents moving around the wreck but who knows.

I'd be there in a heartbeat. Exploration diving is what that is. True adventure😁!

I would bet on a wreck of some sort. Not because of the shape or anything but because of what looks like an impact scar in the sand. Could just be washout from currents moving around the wreck but who knows.

I'd be there in a heartbeat. Exploration diving is what that is. True adventure😁!
It does look like an impact-scar visually, and that was my initial thought. However, it also occurs to me that most boats would lose nearly all forward momentum either before they sink, or while they sink. (setting aside shallow-depths).

It does look like an impact-scar visually, and that was my initial thought. However, it also occurs to me that most boats would lose nearly all forward momentum either before they sink, or while they sink. (setting aside shallow-depths).
Ship fall creates enough momentum to leave impact the bottom no matter the depth.

That's more likely than not a man made object.

So whatever this target is........ we are now planning to dive it on the weekend of Jan 7-8......providing that the wind and vis cooperate. There's a real nice tide / exchange window on those days so we should be able to easily get 4 dives in if it turns out to be anything worthy. We'll bring video gear and lights and let ya'll know what we find. It is @Cthippo 's find so he his definitely invited on my boat pending confirmation of experience and I have been in communication with him...

Timing is everything up here in the PNW....

0RzMxGi.jpg

Given the dimensions, I too am guessing it is a barge. Will be interesting to explore and document it. I look forward to hearing what you find.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom