Wreck locations

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The wreck of the St George off Bayahibe, DR is a good wreck for "light" penetration. It is within normal nitrox depths, big enough to get inside without much risk of snagging (it is an artificial wreck, so it has been scoured), but not so big you could ever get lost. Enough ambient light that even in a complete lights failure you could see your way out from pretty much any point.

certs? we don't need no certs.... :wink:

Hey Ghost:

Go to North Carolina........plenty of wrecks in recreational limits. Morehead City is the best. The LDS I like the best is Olympus Dive Center (they have an ad here on SB sometimes). If you look at my personal profile, there is a photo of the main hatch of the U-352. There are many other wrecks that are great, most with large sand tiger sharks on them (up to 10-12 feet). The sharks do not bother divers, they are just very cool to see. Vis can reach 100+ feet during the summer, you just have to dodge the hurricanes.

Safe diving to you.

I think thats what about a 6 hour drive? I have been diving in NC before, would like to go back and try some more since last time my dive tiem was cut short due to bad weather.

Scapa Flow takes some beating in my book, someone already commented about S coast England - Plymouth or Weymouth are among the best I've dived there

What are some of your favorite wreck dives that are penetrable and that isn't too deep. When I mean isn't too deep, like I don't need to specially trained in trimix or something. oh and in cased your wondering I do have my C card for enriched air.

I'm just looking into future wreck diving spots and was looking for some input. Google and the search function wasn't turning up the results I wanted so I figured I would just post something.

thnx
The Wrecks of Busuanga Island, Philippines are a great place to wreck yourself out. More than 10 fantastic wrecks, quite easy to dive. Depth range from the surface to 42 meters max. Water temperature 26-30 C all year around.

From where you are, A second vote for Morehead, I prefer using Discovery or Diver Down, and there are also some excellent ops whom I have not used yet who operate six packs such as Tortuga Charters.

If you are a history buff, you get that, if you love sharks, you get that. If you love the wrecks to be completely intact, you won't get that unless it is one of the artificial wrecks (which can be great fun), or one of the few, such as the U352, which is intact by virtue of where it went down.

Dove the Duane off of Key Largo yesterday, and artificial wreck, and it was a blast. If you don't mind ripping currents.

If you don't have much deep/wreck experience, I would highly recommend hiring a dm as a dive guide until you get your feet wet. Or chose a buddy who has been diving there for a decade or so.

you guys are awsome I will defintly have to try and check these spots out. :)

What are some of your favorite wreck dives that are penetrable and that isn't too deep. When I mean isn't too deep, like I don't need to specially trained in trimix or something. oh and in cased your wondering I do have my C card for enriched air.

I'm just looking into future wreck diving spots and was looking for some input. Google and the search function wasn't turning up the results I wanted so I figured I would just post something.

thnx
Google Truk Lagoon and the wrecks of the Fujikawa Maru and Shinkoku Maru

ScubaBoard Gallery - Truk Lagoon 07-27 Dec '07
The Shinkoku Maru - Unified Team Diving

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom