Wreck Dive Report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Doder

Reaction score
I did my first wreck dive today! It was a great dive too!

Wreck: Idene
Depth: 75'
Surface Temp: 68
Bottom Temp: 60-62
Bottom Time: 33 Minutes
Visibility: 6-8'

My dive shop rented a charter for a few of us (very cool!) so we left out of Mystic. The captain (Frank) was really great. He is also a diver which helps a lot. The only negative was that it took an hour and a half to get to the site. The dive in general was very relaxing. Lots of marine live, mostly small fish but a few large black fish. No sharks on this dive.

Our second dive was conducted at a wreck which was really only reminents of an old old ship. Mostly just the frame left kind of spread out.

Wreck: Light Burne
Depth: 30'
Surface Temp: 67
Bottom Temp: 60
Bottom Time: 44 Minutes.
Visibility: 10-15'

We saw lots of marine life at this wreck-even some tropicals! I believe they are called Trigger Fish and they were fairly decent sized too. Lots of huge black fish and of course your typical small fish and several sponges and starfish. And my favorite - a shark. Not sure what type but it was rather small and seemed very nervous so took off as soon as it saw us.

All in all, a spectacular day of diving for Connecticut divers!

Lola

Sounds like a fun day of diving.

wreckhunter is such a great site, you gotta love Dave Clancy, he's the man!

Lola,
Sounds like a blast. I need to make it down to these as well.
Today was also my first wreck dives. fun fun

I did a really nice dive off Cape Ann (just north of Boston) on the Chester Polling. Dove with Cape Ann Divers. I'd recommend them and the wreck is lots of fun. It's covered with metridium's and crawling with lobsters (at least when I was there). It's in about 100 feet of water.

I hope to get out that way again soon.

Bob

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom