Wreck-Dive Permission Forums (Toronto Marine Unit)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I just came across a bunch of wrecks that sound interesting/ close to home (Lake Ontario) for the future and I wondered what it meant that I needed to obtain/ complete a Toronto Police Services Marine Unit Permission Form, the link provided to the TPSMU seems broken/ dead. I'm going to assume that this directly means the police need to clear you to legally dive the wrecks, how does one go about obtaining one of these forums, does anyone know what's currently on it if it's not digitally viewable?

Ontario Shipwreck Diving/ Locations

To dive anywhere in the water that comes under the juridstriction of the Toronto Port Authority, this includes the Sligo, Merril and Lyman Davis, you are required to fill in a waiver that can be obtained here:
http://www.torontoport.com/TorontoP.../Application-for-Authorization-of--Diving.pdf

You also need to notify the Toronto Harbour Police before you enter the water and when you return. I am not aware of any forms that are required by TPSMU.

The cost is $20.00 plus HST for an individual for the entire year.

The information on the map linked may very well be out of date. Thanks for the info/ proper link!

It is completely ridiculous that you need permission to dive wrecks. Unless if it is in a busy port were vessels need to be alerted of your presence or if you are near a sensitive area like bridges, power cables, port facilities or power plant intakes.

Just fill out the form send them $20 and get your self permission from the Harbor master and if accepted keep a copy with you and take a copy down to the marine unit. They don't want to stop you from diving they just want you to be safe in the Harbor and aware your there.

Back
Top Bottom