Wrath of the weather forecasters!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Best Wave can pic so far:

Attachments

• surfing.jpg
    surfing.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 49
I was just down at Wetherill, taking my dog for a walk. Surprise, surprise, the parking lot was empty. Inside the coves it was calm because the wind is coming out of the
NNE. Outside it is a whole different ballgame (whitewater city!).

Hmmm,
Van full of equipment,,,calm seas,,,10' Achilles with a 2HP motor,,,30-50MPH gusts,,,time for a nap :)

Here's Provincetown. The winds blowing noreast right now. Makes the harbor look downright placid. Makes my old beach shack sway like a mofo.

Attachments

• 110307_13521.jpg
    110307_13521.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 34
Does that mean, all will be calm and welcoming at Wetherill next weekend? I really want to go divng and I'll be in RI for three days.

RIOcean- your regulator worked like a charm and is getting serviced now at a dive shop in Brooklyn.

Anyone willing to go diving next weekend when the water will be calm and enticing?

RIOcean- your regulator worked like a charm and is getting serviced now at a dive shop in Brooklyn.

Awesome! Did you make it down to FL?

Chris, you big girlyman. What's a little wind?

So does that mean you would have taken the Adventurer out in that if I had agreed to go with you? :D

So does that mean you would have taken the Adventurer out in that if I had agreed to go with you? :D
Well we could have pretended( I was on stands on dry land as of last wednesday)
I just wanted to kid you a little. We had 5 boats go up in the rocks in Dutch Harbor
along with the main dock that broke loose and sunk. From where I was standing, I could see at least one sailboat aground, over by you at the Bay Campus.

Well we could have pretended( I was on stands on dry land as of last wednesday)

You timed that pretty well!

Let me know if you get the urge to do any shore dives in the off-season.

You timed that pretty well!

Let me know if you get the urge to do any shore dives in the off-season.
Chris
I will be busy putting the boat away for the winter this weekend. Next Thursday we are headed to Florida for 5 days( we will be diving Venice for 2 days) to visit my folks.
After that I would be up for it. I am goingto hold off Winterizing the Inflatable for until it gets really cold so we can use that too!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom