WPDC28 + Standard Base Tray Problems

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lerroy

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hi

I have a Canon G10 + WPDC28 + standard base tray w/ handle (from Nyxell)

See bottom of post for picture of Arm

My problem is that it keeps coming loose whilst im using it and im forever tighting it up

Im probably just a N00b idiot but am i missing something ??

The screw that goes into the Camera housing has a Plastic washer about 1cm high, i guessed that this was used to give the correct amount of thread into houseing as to not overtighten and crack

am i wrong, is this needed ? i did take off but doesnt seem right i didnt want to tighten to much (see above)

if this is needed i was thinking of putting some rubber between the two to stop it moving any ideas ?

56eb_12.JPG

I have the same setup. I leave the plastic "washer" on. The housing some time moves but the screww does not loosen up that it unscrews completely. On the contrary, after some dive the screw is pretty tight.

thanks

i doesnt get the point of falling out

just that it gets loose, and when you are holding the Arm the camera/Houseing will shift left and right, just annoying

i think ill experiment with Rubber washer see if it will grip tighter and hold in place

Lerroy--I've got the same arm & tray on the same housing, no probs to keep tight. After I start the thread into the housing, but before I tighten it down, I make sure the housing is sitting against the raised rear rib by sliding the housing back and forth to seat it flush. Then I tighten it down. (Oh and you do have the washer BELOW the tray, yes?) The housing needs to sit flat on the tray, shouldn't need to use a rubber washer though. // ww

OK thats what the problem is

the washer is above the tray (how it came)

hahahah awesome ok thanks for the Help Warmwater Wank

problem solved !!!! :p

L--Yeah, took me a while to tumble to that washer placement at first too. By the way, while I really like this setup, I found out you need to thoroughly rinse the tightening lock downs on the arms (duh). Preferably by disassmbiling, soaking/rinsing and lightly lubing the threads. I put one of the arms away after a trip and must have been a bit too casual in my rinse because it took a vice and a wrench to unthread later--almost mangled things pretty good. I haven't had any probs since I started rinsing and using some lube on the threads. Nothing unique to this setup, I just had to remind myself it's a good thing to do preventive maintanence for any metal placed in saltwater! // ww

LOL i prob should have looked at the picture i posted

thanks again for the info, i will definitely take your advice with the rinses :)

Back
Top Bottom