"Wow, is that a real shark?"

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

And if you have no clue what I'm talking about, here's a picture:

jknight8907
photo.jpg

jknight8907

Yup shore is! Caught him on nightcrawlers and cheese whiz! Here's your sign.

Pod visitors are people too...:D And, we ALL have had our moments, I know I have had more than most. In fact, DH and I used to be pod travelers, and I am certain that there have been some entertaining moments....some of which I can actually remember :doh2:

I will mutate into a POD person in 12 days but rest easy as we won't be visiting Coz.

I've told this story before in here but it's been a while and it bears repeating.

My wife and I were out on a boat with an op who shall remain nameless (NOT Blue Angel), with a young bulletproof DM. On the second dive, the DM went down the face of the wall. I looked at my rapidly approaching NDL, and after a quick conference with my wife, we decided to stay quite a bit shallower, though the other couple that was out with us stayed right with the DM.

When we got back in the boat, the guy from the other couple noticed that I was wearing the same computer he and his wife had (it turns out that they had borrowed them and had not RTFM), and he asked me, "What does it mean when the display is flashing like this?" I told him that it meant that he had gone into deco and blown a required stop. "No way!" he said, "This computer is F'ed up. Look at my wife's. It's doing the same thing!"

I told him that the comps were doing what they were supposed to do, and that now they would not operate for 24 hours. "24 hours!!?? What the #&!! are we supposed to do for our afternoon dives??" I told him that they probably shouldn't dive that afternoon, but rather take it easy and watch for pain in their joints, tingling in their extremities, etc., but he would hear none of it.

At that point I went back on vacation and wished them the best. I hope they were OK.
Hadn't heard that story before. You are entirely too nice, Gord. You can imagine what I would have told them.

Darwinism only really works if their personal shortcomings kill them off before they breed. That kind of C-card holder (to call them divers would be inappropriate I think) simple jack up insurance rates.

Hadn't heard that story before. You are entirely too nice, Gord. You can imagine what I would have told them.

I told him what was what. I do what I can by conveying the information when I have it, but beyond that, it's not my problem. That may sound cold, but vacation time is precious and expensive; I'm not going to waste it by getting upset at someone else's foibles. My simple rule for myself during vacation time is "no arguments and no hangovers".

So the good DM pulls the batteries out, replaces them, and tada! Computers back to zero. :silly:

You have to wonder where those people Certified.

So the good DM pulls the batteries out, replaces them, and tada! Computers back to zero. :silly:

You have to wonder where those people Certified.

I've also heard tales of blown deco stops being "fixed" by clipping a dive weight to the comp and lowering it to the appropriate depth on a length of line.

This seems like an appropriate point in the thread for pictures of the San Miguel Clinic recompression chamber:

photo2.jpg

photo3.jpg

Looks like a small room for a vacation on the island. Don't they have anything bigger with a view and a softer looking bed?

Back
Top Bottom