"Wow, is that a real shark?"

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yup. Although a few minutes later a guy that could barely stand up came by with a couple of Yard-Tall glasses from C&C and said "A fake shark? That's the stupidest thing I've seen yet!"
I would love to be around to hear the conversation between those 2 watching the movie "Shark Tale." Throw in the drunk guy and you've got comedy gold!!!

If it's not new it's was in the shop for re-conditioning. I know the starbucks OP is at, shark wasn't there when I was.

It's been there for AT LEAST a year and a half...because I had friends who came in on a cruise Nov. 2007...we met up at Starbuck's and they took a picture with it with their daughter...and it's been there every time I go to Starbuck's, which is regularly.

It's to the left of Starbuck's if looking towards the water...between Starbuck's and the escalator.

Hehe! More surreal moments in Cozumel. That is an excellent example. Lets start a thread.
2 nights ago I had a camel parked in front of my door for an hour while the circus tried to sell tickets. The caged white tigers were 20 ft away from that. The loud speaker blasting away in Spanish were almost as annoying as the smell which found its way into my office.
Anyone else have any Beyond normal moments in Cozumel?

2 nights ago I had a camel parked in front of my door for an hour while the circus tried to sell tickets. The caged white tigers were 20 ft away from that. The loud speaker blasting away in Spanish were almost as annoying as the smell which found its way into my office.

LMAO...I'm sorry Tony...that's funny!! I am SOOOO glad I moved my office...and the circus and fair's were the main reason why!

You should get free circus tickets for that!

Well, this was in Jan. 08. I was walking back to Safari Inn after diving with Blue Angel, going past Carlos & Charlies, and 2 young American women were on the sidewalk and arguing loudly. Both had obviously been drinking. One suddenly calls the other a b****, and throws her drink at her. The "throwee" returns fire with her own drink and then takes a swing at the "thrower", and then the hair-pulling and yelling start in earnest. It spills from the sidewalk into the street, and traffic has to stop. However, it was over pretty quick, and I don't think anyone was hurt.

After that, whenever the cruise ships are in, I always consider walking past Carlos & Charlies as part of my daily entertainment. You never know what's going to happen.

Last edited:

2 nights ago at Mr. Taco we observed a guy in a wheelchair, in the street, taking up an entire lane to himself, rolling himself down the road. Backwards. I watched as far as the view let me without leaving my seat. About 10 minutes later an ambulance went screaming by us, sirens blaring. You can easily guess who we thought may have been inside.

Again, a beyond normal incident that of course includes a couple of pod people....DH and I were there in November, last year. A Norte had blown in and the surf was REALLY whipping up over the cement wall at Punta Langosta...Huge "Whooshes" of surf blowing up, over and through the cement. You could see the water spouting up from a good distance away. Well, DH and I watched as we we figure what just had to be a POD couple walking north on the water side of Melgar. They had to have been clueless or drunk or just in their little Pod world and sure enough..."WHOOSH"!!! There they stood like two drenched ...I don't know what's...looking at each other like ..."WHAT Happened??? "FUNNY, for us ...yes...not for them however. Maybe they were on there way to look at the shark.:doh2:

I've told this story before in here but it's been a while and it bears repeating.

My wife and I were out on a boat with an op who shall remain nameless (NOT Blue Angel), with a young bulletproof DM. On the second dive, the DM went down the face of the wall. I looked at my rapidly approaching NDL, and after a quick conference with my wife, we decided to stay quite a bit shallower, though the other couple that was out with us stayed right with the DM.

When we got back in the boat, the guy from the other couple noticed that I was wearing the same computer he and his wife had (it turns out that they had borrowed them and had not RTFM), and he asked me, "What does it mean when the display is flashing like this?" I told him that it meant that he had gone into deco and blown a required stop. "No way!" he said, "This computer is F'ed up. Look at my wife's. It's doing the same thing!"

I told him that the comps were doing what they were supposed to do, and that now they would not operate for 24 hours. "24 hours!!?? What the #&!! are we supposed to do for our afternoon dives??" I told him that they probably shouldn't dive that afternoon, but rather take it easy and watch for pain in their joints, tingling in their extremities, etc., but he would hear none of it.

At that point I went back on vacation and wished them the best. I hope they were OK.

I know it is easy to make fun of drunks and pod people and many of the brain dead people we see here on the island.
However we should all remember they are all most like real people too, and if they used their head for more than a hat rack they could tell the difference in a fake shark and a real one.(I'm sure it would still require a bit on the butt)
Not to mention if they stop coming hear what will we do for recreation.
I hope they don't learn to read, if they see this they may go back to Cancun where they came from.

Back
Top Bottom