Wow, another one dies...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sad....thanks for posting

my condolences go out to the family and friends....terrible for something like that to happen on vacation :(

The print media sucks.

A bunch of talking in the posted article and nothing being said. I got more info from your thread title than I did from the article......well almost.

Condolances to the family. That must really suck to lose a family member while on vacation in Hawaii.

We have almost been there in a 10meter Pearson, during a fairly mild 24 knot day, on the San Francisco Bay. The front stay rigging broke, and the jib sheet was the only thing holding it in place. Turns out our problem was caused by human error, as the wrong cotter key was used, and corroded. When talking with the rigger he was telling us it was not very common but there are times that the rigging does fail. The thought is really scary, and of course very dangerous. Sucks that someone had to die.

Is there always an CG icebreaker stationed off Hawaii? Lucky for the 50 rescued it was!

I wonder why the boat sank.

Big winds here are no joke.

CG icebreaker stationed off Hawaii?

I don't think so. I was interested in the fact they came from Barber's Point, that is not that close.

The helo came from Barbers point air station, the cutter was stoped off at Maalia bay and sent it's ribs and the 47 foot MLB from that CG station. Im thinking it holed the hull when the mast broke and thats why it sank. Maui is getting quite a collection of new wrecke as of late.
Two helos down, two cat demasted with fatal injuries each time and the unusual number of auto vs pedestrian MVAs. Just a bad winiter for Hawaii and all those that lost there lives.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom