Would you get rid of a Gekko?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Considering that you're not having problems with you profiles so far, I'd keep the Gekko. If you do start running out of NDL time, consider using nitrox.

If you think you might want to change, look at other comparably-priced computers, and read through the manuals available on the manufacturers websites. I did not like the user interfaces on some of the competitors, and really prefer how the information is layed out on the Gekko, without switching screens. That's just a personal preference.

Also, I looked at anecdotal evidence on Scubaboard regarding failures that people were (or were not) having with their computers, which also swayed my decision toward the Gekko. Any brand can fail, however, and it seems that some other manufacturers have a much better reputation for customer service than Suunto, at least here on Scubaboard. Anyway, I've gone through the warranty period on my Gekko without a hiccup, so customer service was a non-issue for me.

YMMV

Back
Top Bottom