Would you dive Cuba if it opens for Americans??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I dove the Varadero area, (Coral Beach) not impressed..sorta like Jamaica. Great beaches though. Took the long bus ride to Bay of Pigs; not much better.
I've been told that there are some very good dive sites toward the west end of the south side the island.
As always, YMMV

I have enjoyed Cuba diving, but you have to get away from Veradero. I dove Cayo Largo, a small island of the main land, and it was as good as any Carribean diving I've done. Also close to the Red Sea for life and Color.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I want to go before the Americans screw it up with a McDonald's and Starbucks on every corner.

Along the lines of what muzikbiz said, I am pretty sure many Americans have already been diving in Cuba, even though it has not been "open" to us in the way other destinations are.

Might some of those "Canadians" you have met been, you know, not really Canadians?

Why would you not dive Cuba? Is that the real question you are trying to ask?

For me, I am looking forward to it being more open to American travel even if I don't go diving there.

I would not go dive it 'because it's Cuba.' Explain to me how it's easier, cheaper & better than my other options, of offers me something I can't practically get elsewhere. In other words, I'd consider it on the strength of its merits.

Richard.

For me, diving is the dessert of a main course of cultural exploration. So, yeah, I'd go. :)

Jardines de la Reina, I'd love to dive there.

I'm also not optimistic about what a lot of Americans will do to Cuba, hope I'm wrong

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom