Would you but a video of your vacation?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My husband and I had a video made during one of our dives in Malta just a month ago.

The cost was about 50 dollers. The videograher took our video from the part where we get the equipment ready to the part where we went into the boat again after the dive.

The DVD film is 15 minutes long and also includes music. It includes a map of Malta and the location of the dive centre. Also it starts with showing the dive centre.

The movie was made very well. During our dive the videographer was with us all the way and he suggested things we might do or see while he was taping.

We have taken pictures of of the DVD and put them on our website (www.chenault.info) on the diving page.

We are extremely happy that we had this video made because now we can show our non-diving friends what it is like underwater.

Dominiek

We have made three trips to Coz in the last 2 years and have hired a videographer each time. The first time we bought his tape he was on a boat with us when we dove with Scuba Du at El Presidente. He did the 2 tank dive and then told everyone on the boat that if they were interested in seeing the video before they purchased he would have available later that day. Of course we bought one and he charged $50 for that tape since we was taping everyone on the boat.

The next trips we called him to go on our boat and made a personalized video just for us. He makes a 2 tank dive, TBT of about 2.5hrs. He edits, adds graphics, music and also provides us with stills on my memory stick. Video ends up about 35 minutes. This guy does an fantastic job. Pay him about $150. Adalfo has done pieces for ESPN and The Travel Channel so he knows what he's doing. Should anyone like their email address just PM me and I will be glad to forward it to you.

7 days on the Nekton Rorqual netted me the official video made by the boat. Cost me $55 bucks and was pretty decent quality, although I would have chosen different songs. They made sure everyone was included in the shots, I think my wife and I are in it about 6 times a few people made it in more often.

There was a guy onboard that was also producing an independent version...he sold it for $30 and it did not include any shots of divers...just the dive sites. This guy was in the water before anyone else by 10 minutes easily and got some GREAT footage. I purchased a copy and was not disappointed.

He used a basic video editing program and a laptop and underwater camera. I personally think if he would have done some personalized shots, he could have asked more...maybe even paid for his cruise. Would have been a very busy cruise if you ask me though.

good ideas comming in. Dee, that info. in particular helped alot. Gracias.

Keep it comming, this is great.:)

the best dive video i've seen was made by a hobbyist on his Digital8 camera and didn't have any underwater shots (he doesn't have the housing for it). But it had everything else from a two full day trip: drive to the place, gearing up, jokes, people swimming away (lake dive), people resurfacing after a dive and showing off the stuff they've found, night dive (those sony cameras do take pictures in complete darkness), people sitting after a dive and chatting.. all the stuff

all edited with a "story line", non intrusive music soundtrack, great shots... etc...

it would be nice to have some u/w shots included but the point is that what made it such a great dive trip video was all the stuff around the actual diving still on the dry land :)

i've got it free-of charge as a file on a cd-rom. divix-compressed 240MB, over 34 minutes in length.

There was a videographer working at Dive-Tech in the Caymans last time I was there.

He did a full digital film of a 2 tank trip to the North wall.

We dove "Hole In De Wall' and 'Lemon Reef' that afternoon.

My buddy bought the DVD the next day at the shop. Total run time of our trip movie is 4 songs (about 15 minutes long I guess).

The video quality is excelent and includes shots of everyone boarding the boat and gearing up as we rode to the first site. Lots of shots of everyone underwater, shots of various sealife and coral formations and some nice, long shots of a large pair of Eagle Rays that were circling about the area.

He didn't get very many shots of our team underwater because we were deeper than him on the first dive and we went off in a different direction than the main (DM lead) group on the second dive.

The video finishes with quick shots of everyone back aboard the boat, breaking down gear and just relaxing untill we docked and a final shot of people heading up the doc to the parking area.

The DVD also includes a small 'trailer' of the guys better shots from previous dives.

As I recall, he charged about 50-60 US for the DVD.

Paid $120 for a DVD of our shark and dolphin dive at Anthony's Key in Roatan. Approx running time 30 minutes. Yes, very expensive, but very appreciated by others when I returned back home.

I have been thinking of doing this kind of video stuff myself, I currently do videos of on land stuff and got scuba certified last year. It seems like there is definatly an interest in high quality videos. :)

Kaos, do you remember what the video company was called?

Any other suggestions out there?? This is what on other forums is called a "bump". I know it and I did it. :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom