Would like to see some closeup shots thru a WA lens

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

diver 85

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
(The title should read, can not edit it now, lol)---WOULD like to see some closeup shots thru a WA---

lens----something that you really wish you could have switched to a macro lens for, but just didn't have with you, or couldn't switch to due to certain conditions that day---but still got a WOW shot(or not so WOW--just turned out surprisingly good) in anyway.....I know we have some great UW photo people here-----let's see those great shots please...TIA......

EDIT: & if you could, please state what camera/equip you were using...again, TIA(it's a cold winter day in S. Louisiana...lol)

Last edited:
20080827_20080827__MG_8184.jpg

This was taken with a canon 10-22, zoomed into 22 and cropped. I would have to look to find the final image size. I have lots of "close up" shots with this lens.

Thanks both for the 2 great photos----please keep em coming....

Zuiko 8mm fisheye lens.

_5061278 by davelewinn, on Flickr

I'm a big fan of wide angle macro (WAM), or close focus wide angle (CFWA), or whatever you want to call it. I think the wider view and greater depth of field can sometimes be more interesting than macro shots taken with macro lenses, although proper lighting can be a nightmare.

(also, the white specks aren't debris in the water. I packed some t-shirts inside my Aquatica 6" dome port to get everything to fit in my luggage, and forgot to clean the inside of the dome before diving. I'm still cranky about that.)

These were taken in Cozumel with an Olympus SP350 with a wide angle lens. Unfortunately I no longer have that camera and lens due to stupidity. I now have another SP350 with a different WA lens, this one has a dome. I will get to try in in Key West in two weeks.

Urchin.jpg

Coral1.jpg

:cool3: Beautiful.

The fisheye lens requires getting very very close. The sea horse was just inches off the dome, my wife about 10 inches and the drum waas very large and recessed about a foot back in his cave. The diver in the background with the drum was just a few yards back.

Sorry, not sure how to post larger images without blowing the file size.

Attachments

• diverkatblue.jpg
    diverkatblue.jpg
    180.4 KB · Views: 65
  • drumdiver.jpg
    drumdiver.jpg
    337.1 KB · Views: 71
  • seahorsediverswa.jpg
    seahorsediverswa.jpg
    289.4 KB · Views: 73
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back