Would it be nice??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It's interesting that you haven't even mentioned whether the instructor has been good or bad.
I was waiting for the course to complete :)

Hopefully, he/she is good...and you'll get tons of attention in the upcoming session.
Well, back from the open water sessions/scenarios. It was just me, one other student (so 2 out of the 6 students), the instructor, and a dive master candidate assisting with the class.

I'm glad it was just the two of us - we had his complete attention.

Overall, I think we got some quality instruction.

I look at it this way - the latecomers may as well just tell me, "yeah, I'll get right on rescuing that diver just as soon as I finish my sandwich and pepsi." Not people I would want to dive with.
I gotta say that I agree OW and AOW are recreational I think from MY point of view when you start getting into rescue diving and first aid well you cross from recreational diving to I guess for lack of a better term into an almost professional level of diving..
If students are unprepared for a class they have supposed to be preparing for for a week or month or however long and cant be prepared,how can they have their gear ready at a moments notice to go help a diver in need?
I try to be early when I have an appointment and plan for traffic,kids spill drinks break a glass, the occasional fightbetween the girls,
I had to do a couple of my classes 2 times and not because I wasnt there but others werent ready didnt do their book work or read the material.I didnt mind so much the extra classes beause I got a little more studying done,I was dissappointed cause I wanted to get wet but patience pays at times lol
Ron

I really like this thread. I primarily teach private courses and also pay a premium for private instruction anytime I want to do something(Recently I took up snow skiing and white water kayaking while in NC...on the same trip!). I do that because I know that I put a lot of effort to prepare and learn pretty quickly. That let's me focus on practical stuff and asking lots of questions.

When that's not practical then I wait until I can stack the class with my group. Currently I am taking a recreational trimix class that I wanted to do as a private class but 3 people that I consider to be solid buddies for any type of dive(OW/Cavern/Cave) also wanted to join. Our calendars didn't match up exactly but with a flexible instructor we made it work for us.

It's funny to read the original posting because it started to sound like the current AOW/EANx class that I am teaching. The group of 4 work together at a news station and need multiple breaks because they are on call. I am pretty flexible and the rest of the group understands. We certainly start on time and I take advantage to work on one on one stuff while we wait.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom